Throttle issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That esc is the problem then
Did you get it wet cleaning the RCs?
Don’t think it’s been wet. I’ve only ran the truck on the beach and backyard. Used canned air to blow everything out after. Can always order one and try it on the larger truck. Thought about just getting a better esc, and re building it. At what point do I just cut losses and get a better truck.

Would be nice if we had some sort of manual for the ESC that told us what the error code is that you are getting. without that all we can do is guess but you're definitely hitting some sort of cut off on the ESC. Could be just faulty but hard to say.

Don’t think it’s been wet. I’ve only ran the truck on the beach and backyard. Used canned air to blow everything out after. Can always order one and try it on the larger truck. Thought about just getting a better esc, and re building it. At what point do I just cut losses and get a better truck.
Hate to say this. I would have a while ago. Like Greywolf74 said there's not much you can do with those RCs. As you can see already. And if you break anything else. you might be stuck with a paper weight. As for there's really NO aftermarket part support for those RCs.If You can get new esc and not to much$$.I would and let the boys beat on it. But if you really like the hobby. Then I would get your self a good starter hobby grade RC. And there are alot out there. You just got to find one you like and find out about their part support.
It could be bad solder joints inside of the esc itself also

Would be nice if we had some sort of manual for the ESC that told us what the error code is that you are getting. without that all we can do is guess but you're definitely hitting some sort of cut off on the ESC. Could be just faulty but hard to say.
What’s strange to me is the 1/16 scale truck. New esc, new motor.. properly charged packs, and it’s cutting out once I hit throttle regardless of hardware combo motor out or in.
Hate to say this. I would have a while ago. Like Greywolf74 said there's not much you can do with those RCs. As you can see already. And if you break anything else. you might be stuck with a paper weight. As for there's really NO aftermarket part support for those RCs.If You can get new esc and not to much$$.I would and let the boys beat on it. But if you really like the hobby. Then I would get your self a good starter hobby grade RC. And there are alot out there. You just got to find one you like and find out about their part support.
back in the day I had a traxxas nitro hawk. Made the mistake of selling it like 10 years ago. Been wanting to get back into it since. I’ve been eyeing up a rustler or nitro rustler. Also looking at HSP. Hear anything bad or good about them?

What’s strange to me is the 1/16 scale truck. New esc, new motor.. properly charged packs, and it’s cutting out once I hit throttle regardless of hardware combo motor out or in.
Can that esc handle the lipo power? Is it stamped or tag it can handle lipos?? Because that's very weird.🤔🤔 I've been trying to find info on your RCs. But there isn't any for that king like wolf74 said earlier.

From pulling them out, they both look to be Lansu esc’s. a 40a, and a 60a. Still can’t find error codes searching by model#. Crazy..

It could be bad solder joints inside of the esc itself.

Still can't find a manual for it but I did find some spec s on the ESC. Assuming the OPs is the same model number.
Capture.JPG

What electronics (brands and model numbers) did you put in the 1/16 scale and what battery are you using with that one?

Still can't find a manual for it but I did find some spec s on the ESC. Assuming the OPs is the same model number.
View attachment 130368

What electronics (brands and model numbers) did you put in the 1/16 scale and what battery are you using with that one?
Also Lansu. LS-XLH186B (40A) that runs on a smaller 500mah 7.4v LiPo. That’s a hosim model.

Found this watch and see if it will help you and the esc. Says it will work on and for any esc

Or try this one bud

Last edited: