thoughts on these airbrushes.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've bought a Badger Anthem 155 already which has a .5mm tip. I want to get something with a smaller .3mm tip for finer shading/detail work. I'm looking at three different airbrushes for this role but I'm unsure what I should get. I really like the anthem 155 so I thought about getting the Patriot 105 to go with it as its got good reviews and very resonably priced at only $76 from Amazon.com. The Second brush would be the slightly more expensive Iwata-Medea Revolution HP BR at about $96 dollars and has about the same level of good reviews at the patriot 105. the Third one is the Iwata-Medea Eclipse HP CS which again has a 4.8 out of 5 star review just the same as both the other brushes but weighs in at $138. Almost twice as much as the Patriot 105. I'm open to suggestions as to which one I should go with and please explain why you think its the better choice so I understand. I love my Anthem 155 and it seems to work great but part of me would kind of like to buy an Iwata to compare against the Badger instead of buying another badger. Part of me would rather spend $76 though if theres not a whole lot of difference in these brushes

While I haven't used the other two brushes you mention, I have the Iwata HP-CS and absolutely love it! prior to it I was using a Paasce VL, which was good, but no comparison to the Iwata. With a gravity feed brush and the .3mm tip you can do some amazing detail work. You can actually paint with a drop or two of paint whereas with a syphon feed you need much more. The feel of the Iwata is great, and it operates so smooth. Tear down for cleaning is pretty simple and straight forward as well. I would hesitate to buy another one in a second, and replacement parts are easy to get. They are well worth the money imo. I get my airbrush supplies from Coast Airbrush, great company to deal with.

http://www.coastairbrush.com/

Ok, I bit the bullet and bought the HP-CS. Everyone sings its praises.