The "what you broke today" thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke my $200 stihl edger attachment. ā˜ 

Well that sucks.
Its life. Until I can afford the new part, I have a split shaft Echo pas 265, straight Echo edger and a Stihl fc55 plus 5 or so weedeaters I can edge with.

Looking back, its edged yards that havent been touched in 3-5 years. I took it to work a few times and made it sweat slightly.

This morning I stopped at a second-hand store and bought a cheap full suspension mountain bike.
I am going to completely rebuild it and only use the frame.
I bought this stuff today also.
Wheels
Sprocket
Disc brakes
Removal tool

View attachment 149173View attachment 149174View attachment 149175View attachment 149176
Nice! Be careful of second hand bikes, do a good inspection before buying or bring an experienced buddy like @HPIguy along (just an example, probably not worth having him fly in to do that LOL)! Will you be making a build thread on it? Also, check out this YT channel called KevCentral, I've been watching the guy for over 2 years now, good stuff! He mainly specializes in budget MTBs that still shred, so he reviews a lot of Walmart bikes (which are getting quite good now), mainly MTBs, and makes budget-friendly upgrades to them to make the trail-ready shred machines! He also reviews entry level-medium tier E-bikes and other stuff, check him out (he has vids that'll help you with your build): https://www.youtube.com/c/KevCentral:
Oppss sorry guys, once again I put this in the wrong thread.
OH well, the bike was broke...:D
LOL I've made that thread mistake too...actually, I've done both! In the bike world, breaking stuff isn't good or common...you don't really have an equivalent of, say, A-arms šŸ¤£ Closest thing would probably be the mech hanger, but I'm getting way off track. And yes, I'm back from the dead! šŸ¤£

Nice! Be careful of second hand bikes, do a good inspection before buying or bring an experienced buddy like @HPIguy along (just an example, probably not worth having him fly in to do that LOL)! Will you be making a build thread on it? Also, check out this YT channel called KevCentral, I've been watching the guy for over 2 years now, good stuff! He mainly specializes in budget MTBs that still shred, so he reviews a lot of Walmart bikes (which are getting quite good now), mainly MTBs, and makes budget-friendly upgrades to them to make the trail-ready shred machines! He also reviews entry level-medium tier E-bikes and other stuff, check him out (he has vids that'll help you with your build): https://www.youtube.com/c/KevCentral:

LOL I've made that thread mistake too...actually, I've done both! In the bike world, breaking stuff isn't good or common...you don't really have an equivalent of, say, A-arms šŸ¤£ Closest thing would probably be the mech hanger, but I'm getting way off track. And yes, I'm back from the dead! šŸ¤£
No, I'm not making a build thread. This is just another little hobby. I fixed a couple of bikes up for me and my sister to ride.
I'm not into the heavy-duty mountain biking thing, my legs don't hold me up much anymore. The bikes are already up and running.

Broke my Element KR on Friday. šŸ˜³
Really surprised at the carnage. All I was doing was pushing the gate. ( which apparently my wife was pushing against)
Lost a outdrive cup somewhere in that grass ( I think). It ripped the threaded insert out of the upper A-arm. Replacement parts are on their way. Just can't see how this happened...

20220805_175931.jpg

20220805_183221.jpg

20220805_175922.jpg

20220805_175405.jpg

Has she by any chance been working out lately? Sometimes you get something wedged at the right angle and that's all she wrote. Sucks for sure. :(

Has she by any chance been working out lately? Sometimes you get something wedged at the right angle and that's all she wrote. Sucks for sure. :(
She works out her right arm daily for 6 hours. šŸŗ

i dont like horse owners, today was a poop day

No, I'm not making a build thread. This is just another little hobby. I fixed a couple of bikes up for me and my sister to ride.
I'm not into the heavy-duty mountain biking thing, my legs don't hold me up much anymore. The bikes are already up and running.
Right, you've said that before šŸ˜€ Just beware of those "Only ridden twice" bikes that have been absolutely abused, like blown bottom brackets, bent mech hangers, ect.

But I'm happy that you got it all working!

I appreciate the heads up but in all honesty, I'm not worried about the "ridden only twice" thing. I bought them to fix up and only two of them.
At this point, they will out last me. :thumbs-up:
I'm not one to really enjoy the 100+ bikes in my back yard.

Well that sucks.
What sucks more is the guy flipped out and hired my friend to cut it now and skipped out on the 3 cuts owed.

Pulled my stampede out. Failed landing on the truck dock in the cold broke a rod end, rear arm on the front, and cracked the bulk head.

Also broke a pin in the tranny and found neutral.

20230125_113937.jpg

I broke my rustler 4x4 yesterday ā˜¹ļø
03BE1EDE-B554-48BC-9460-59559DDE2FE7.jpeg
806521B3-87A7-41B4-A9C3-5AFE3B9814E2.jpeg
B02AA447-5BE1-4C9C-BC00-76D2530ECE7D.jpeg
68E67018-8DEC-42D9-B207-120574CB91FE.jpeg
57F190C8-1FF9-4D17-8763-7DF590E3714B.jpeg
B6305020-83A9-4D6D-A3E6-032DDCAD433D.jpeg
8770718B-C543-4470-89F0-42397721ECFA.jpeg

I was going full speed and I couldn't see where I was going and crashed full speed into a curb. The rpm arms held up though :D The battery on the other hand, got destroyed.

Back