The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted a camera system for practice and races and decided to give the Akaso a try.

71NDlI-AQnL._AC_SX569_.jpg
Will not be long before GoPro goes after them for copyright infringement; maybe even trademark infringement.

Will not be long before GoPro goes after them for copyright infringement; maybe even trademark infringement.
Good luck. It's a Chinese brand. They don't have copywrite infringement laws in China. They are free to do as they please. And Akaso has been copying gopros for a long time.

You know you're a true RCer when your Amain order is out for delivery and you don't remember what's in the box. I can tell you there's a Jconcepts Kraton body and a can of paint, but what else I don't know? I'll find out when I open the box, kind of like Christmas.

You know you're a true RCer when your Amain order is out for delivery and you don't remember what's in the box. I can tell you there's a Jconcepts Kraton body and a can of paint, but what else I don't know? I'll find out when I open the box, kind of like Christmas.
I do it all the time 😆

Trying really hard not to be biased here , but I took the shock support rod out of my VEKTA5 today , the dam screw broke off inside the support rod , unfixable !!! So I went to ddm and found a upgraded version of the rod and shock stops , they were on asle !!! $25 fix , but JEEEEEZE , kraken biting my backside again , can't believe it a steel screw into a aluminum rod and the screw breaks !? Wow !

Trying really hard not to be biased here , but I took the shock support rod out of my VEKTA5 today , the dam screw broke off inside the support rod , unfixable !!! So I went to ddm and found an upgraded version of the rod and shock stops , they were on asle !!! $25 fix , but JEEEEEZE , kraken biting my backside again , can't believe it a steel screw into a aluminum rod and the screw breaks !? Wow !
Quit smashing my Vekta dreams.. 😜

Trying really hard not to be biased here , but I took the shock support rod out of my VEKTA5 today , the dam screw broke off inside the support rod , unfixable !!! So I went to ddm and found a upgraded version of the rod and shock stops , they were on asle !!! $25 fix , but JEEEEEZE , kraken biting my backside again , can't believe it a steel screw into a aluminum rod and the screw breaks !? Wow !
Any time you screw any other metal into aluminum, it will corrode. Did they have loctite on the screws? Try heating the shaft a little bit firstnext time before removing the screws and see if that is what they did.

Ya , loctite to the moon on the piece I got out ,there's no reason for loctite there really but jeeeeze I have had kraken products since they began I've been fired as a customer , but I won't say ANYTHING that's not TRUE, I just keep having issues , and for them to tell me to basically
to get lost , with my $450 ESC problem , yep , I'm gunna be heard , but fairly , I own four kraken vehicles I know what I'm saying buy now , and I'm scaring my self !! 🤣😂🤣😂

Last edited:
Bought a Pepsi, powerade and then milk for the neighbor.

And my smc 2s lipo came in. Its for my light controller and as a back up to drive home on.