The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laugh at me if you must but here is what I bought. I broke down and bought me a cheap treadmill because the truth is guys, my health is getting worse.
When I ride my bike I feel much better and I get the exercise I need. The problem is, it's still too cool or me to ride my bike so I bought a treadmill.
I can't walk down the hall without being so winded I can barely stand, so I am going to work on that.

Not a laughing matter. We all have to try and stay healthy.... (ignore the cookie in my hand)

2F4C2E75-BD45-4A15-BA1C-04C56799C212.jpeg

There ya go @WickedFog 😛. Gotta make sure it’s safe first 😂

Laugh at me if you must but here is what I bought. I broke down and bought me a cheap treadmill because the truth is guys, my health is getting worse.
When I ride my bike I feel much better and I get the exercise I need. The problem is, it's still too cool or me to ride my bike so I bought a treadmill.
I can't walk down the hall without being so winded I can barely stand, so I am going to work on that.
You should also get one of those wheel holder thingies that have a tracker and such on them and it hooks up to your tv or monitor and you can ride all around the country on your bike but virtually. Also, when you come up to a hill it will automatically make it harder to petal so you have to shift gears. It’s pretty cool. My neighbor has one. I’ll ask him about where he got it and how much it was if you want me to.

Best of luck, hope it works well for you!

The geek in me couldn't resist. Radiomaster MT12 running EdgeTX and ExpressLRS.

View attachment 180632
How do you like the radio? I am not too geeky, but I have an FrSky Taranis X9D Plus SE running OpenTX. I haven't messed with that in a few years, and when I did a friend from the UK helped me set it up. But this radio looks really interesting.

How do you like the radio? I am not too geeky, but I have an FrSky Taranis X9D Plus SE running OpenTX. I haven't messed with that in a few years, and when I did a friend from the UK helped me set it up. But this radio looks really interesting.
I have not had time to mess around with it too much.

What I have noticed is the updated firmware on it came standard with CH1/Servo CH2/ESC unlike older versions which were wonky with CH1/ESC and CH2/Servo and needed the labels in different menus changed or you have to change how you think about surface setup.

The EdgeTX Companion desktop software is not yet supporting the MT12.

I'll post more info as I explore into the MT12 thread.

I have not had time to mess around with it too much.

What I have noticed is the updated firmware on it came standard with CH1/Servo CH2/ESC unlike older versions which were wonky with CH1/ESC and CH2/Servo and needed the labels in different menus changed or you have to change how you think about surface setup.

The EdgeTX Companion desktop software is not yet supporting the MT12.

I'll post more info as I explore into the MT12 thread.
Thanks. In my opinion, the ESC should have always been channel 1. Ever since my Jato that I built in '86 I still find myself trying to plug the steering servo into channel 2 🤪

Now it's 1 to turn and 2 to burn. Back then it used to be 1 to burn and 2 to turn?
No, it's always been as it is. It just always seemed more natural to want channel 1 to be the throttle. Drag race mentality I guess. Throttle is more important.

Took advantage of the sale at rcjuice and grabbed a Hobbystar 4282 1780kv motor for future use in the K6s. And since I didn't win the giveaway....GRRRR. Had to buy my own. Took advantage of the Amain 15% code and nabbed an SCX24 Deadbolt. Need something to try out the new spektrum brushless system I got on clearance.

Back