The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would avoid speeding to. And I just realized @Greywolf74 has the McDonald's car collection.

Just bought some nitro stuff to get the xtm going. A filter, a nitro starter kit that has the igniter, tools, and a bottle; some 25% fuel, and a new pull start. Once I get the thing I’ll most likely be fiddling with starting it.

A set of Arrma Notorious front arms and various other items. My son mowed me down with his Kraton.

20231202_193613.jpg

Congrats. When is the hellcat swap...... or do you want the new demon 170 motor? 🤣

I'll pass on the sun roof.
No need, I already have a hellcat in the garage :)

Whats wrong with Sunroofs?

I would avoid speeding to. And I just realized @Greywolf74 has the McDonald's car collection.
I dont understand the reference.

You bought a RTR?!
What kind of upgrades are you planning? :joyful:
All the upgrades go on my mistress :)

20230527_183103.jpg

No need, I already have a hellcat in the garage :)

Whats wrong with Sunroofs?

I dont understand the reference.

All the upgrades go on my mistress :)

View attachment 176262
McDonald reference is the red and yellow colors.

Sunroof tend to leak on trucks, although I've only heard on Ford and chevy. That and in the florida sun your the meat in the oven. My last reason is when you get in a crash, the side curtain air bags provide privacy so no one sees parts taken off, that and you now have an eject option in a rollover. If you have a seatbelt on what about the dog in the car?

McDonald reference is the red and yellow colors.
Gotchya! :)

Sunroof tend to leak on trucks, although I've only heard on Ford and chevy. That and in the florida sun your the meat in the oven. My last reason is when you get in a crash, the side curtain air bags provide privacy so no one sees parts taken off, that and you now have an eject option in a rollover. If you have a seatbelt on what about the dog in the car?
Its true sunroofs will leak eventually when the seals get worn out but its typically not a big deal to have the seals redone. as for baking in the sun, theres a cover you can close that blocks the sun. The sunroof is kinda cool but I'm not particularly hung up on them. This truck just happened to have one :)

Got this the other day on Amazon, looked pretty cool. 1/16 scale brushless &Has metal drivetrain & sealed bearings. Ran it in the driveway for a bit & it was fun but the back shocks need some work as hitting crack in driveway launched the backend up and over. Since it’s raining here & the wife’s got the hallmark channel on I’m heading in basement to move the RC’s around(as she says) 😂
IMG_1529.jpeg
IMG_1533.jpeg
IMG_1532.jpeg
IMG_1531.jpeg

Since it’s raining here & the wife’s got the hallmark channel on I’m heading in basement to move the RC’s around(as she says) 😂

I swear I know every Hallmark movie by heart, without even seeing them. 🤣 🤣 🤣

I swear I know every Hallmark movie by heart, without even seeing them. 🤣 🤣 🤣
To my horror I realized there’s more than one channel to the hallmark moniker 🤬

Yesterday actually. Traded for a VXL Rustler. This thing is perfect on 2S. I need to find some dirt tires though. Anyone ever run 2.2 SC tires and wheels on a Rustler 2wd? I'd prefer not to go up in overall diameter (because I like the gearing set up currently for 2s) and can't find much in a 2.8 without stepping up in overall diameter significantly.
20231204_065505.jpg

Yesterday actually. Traded for a VXL Rustler. This thing is perfect on 2S. I need to find some dirt tires though. Anyone ever run 2.2 SC tires and wheels on a Rustler 2wd? I'd prefer not to go up in overall diameter (because I like the gearing set up currently for 2s) and can't find much in a 2.8 without stepping up in overall diameter significantly. View attachment 176346
I did on a Bandit. Took of like a bat outta hell from a stop.

Yesterday actually. Traded for a VXL Rustler. This thing is perfect on 2S. I need to find some dirt tires though. Anyone ever run 2.2 SC tires and wheels on a Rustler 2wd? I'd prefer not to go up in overall diameter (because I like the gearing set up currently for 2s) and can't find much in a 2.8 without stepping up in overall diameter significantly. View attachment 176346
That looks like it's in great shape. Doesn't Traxxas have any dirt tires for it?

That looks like it's in great shape. Doesn't Traxxas have any dirt tires for it?
They do for the 4x4 which will fit on no problem. They appear to be a larger diameter though. I could be wrong about that.

They do for the 4x4 which will fit on no problem. They appear to be a larger diameter though. I could be wrong about that.
With 4x4 wheels you need to run wide arms. 4x4 are wide offset. Trx 2wd have narrow rear wide front wheels. They use shorter front arms to compensate.

Just calculate the final drive ratio with the new tires and adjust your gearing to get it back to where you want it, that is if they are different.