The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my box of Pit Bull tires this week for my Power Wagon Dually and my Gatekeeper so it looks like I'll be installing them this weekend.
pitt bulls.jpg

Love chemical guys.

They've grown on me. I always relied on old school brands because that's what I grew up on. But with my cheap orbital buffer, chemical guys pads and some of their other products. I can rival full professional paint corrections.

Guess I did order a fire team. Get to run it today. First impression, thing looks really well built and solid. Not as big as I thought it would be. Looks good for its size. I’m not a fan boy if rtr’s but this one may be worth the hype. It will hold a single 6s bashing 6800 instead of 2 stacked 3s if anyone was wondering. I’ll see what the run times are on a single 6s this week. Suppose to run 56 right out of the box with 61 capable with the included high speed pinion.

Attachments

• 38E03D08-DC58-48A9-AA2E-6A25052495BD.jpeg
    38E03D08-DC58-48A9-AA2E-6A25052495BD.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
A f1 car kit

Banggood just bangs my bank good

I received my box of Pit Bull tires this week for my Power Wagon Dually and my Gatekeeper so it looks like I'll be installing them this weekend. View attachment 141500
Saw someone put a set of those on a kraton on facebook, the 3.8's. Looked really big for it, but to each his own. lol!

I ordered a 47-49mm motor fan mount. 99% sure my wife got me the hobbywing 4985 1650kv motor for my b-day next month, so it will be replacing the rocket 4092 1650kv I have in there now. Also pretty sure she got me an m2c chassis for it... things going to be a bullet tank by the time I run it again!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FKJ727T

In other unrelated news, I also ordered some humidifier wicks. Took yesterday off and our humidifier died... just a small 2-3 gallon one, but it fits in a specific spot in our furnace/ac closet and puts out enough to keep our house not dry. The motor seized... and I can't find the stupid thing for sale anywhere. So I took it apart and replaced the motor with one from a spare metal blade fan. It's a higher torque/speed motor, so on "low", it's now spinning a hair faster than the original on high. The "cheap" wicks on amazon suck, so ordered name brand from Menards.

Ordered a couple parts for the Deadbolt, or soon to be Deadbox 😜

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220212-151517_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-151517_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20220212-151238_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-151238_Chrome.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 18
Ordered a probodyrc maxx v2 body so I can get the v2 chassis to make 6S a bit easier to drive, also a sticker sheet:
2022-0216-maxx-probodyRC-macsDecal-maxxV2BodyOrder.jpg

I'll be getting the yellow body again as I really liked the yellow one I bought that I run currently. Helps it stand out from my bashing buddies in the videos.

Also ordered some 40mm alloy framed fans from China, along with a few spare 30mm for spares. 99.9% sure my wife got me the hobbywing 4985 1650kv motor for my b-day, which I'll be putting in my Kraton EXB. The powerhobby 47-49mm fan mount I ordered, that showed up already, should work fine with either 30mm or 40mm fans for that motor:
https://www.powerhobby.com/phmount03.html

Figured I'd try a couple 40mm first, even though they are lower rpm.

Will have to start looking to see what else I need to convert the maxx over to the v2... full well knowing that I'm about to have a spare 4092/1650kv on hand from my kraton... guessing that would be a bit much for the MMX esc to deal with though... lol!

Picked up a new replacement motherboard for my workstation to replace the one that went poof. Also picked up a new PC to replace it. (Not sure that the new mobo will fix it. if it does, I can use it as a file server.)

I’ve collected flashlights on and off for a while now. Just picked up two new ones.

Noctigon KR1 W1 green Osram emitter. Tiny, tons of throw, and I picked up the green as we have predator animal issues, and green isn’t suppsoded to spook them as much.

K1NXVvP.jpg

DGnLVKz.jpg

The rock pile I’m lighting up is 90yds out

C50j9zD.jpg

And I had Christmas and birthday gift cards, so I picked up a Sofirn BLF LT1 lantern. I really thoguht this would be for emergencies, camping, etc. But I have to say, it’s quickly become my bed side light when I want very little light so I can wind down. USB C charging, power bank use, tint ramping, horizontal and vertical tripod mounts, and all the good stuff about the Anduril 2 UI as well. I’ve had it for a month, charged it once, and it still shows full charge from four 18650 cells.

zZMBSxf.jpg

Warm

EN2qG2t.jpg

Cold

70sBlxY.jpg

Finally got some tape. Got some parts to get a few neglected ones running, as well as a rubber part for my Nitro Sport S.E.

Attachments

• 20220217_201904.jpg
    20220217_201904.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 16
First hit, first break with the traxxas HD arms, so out with them, in with....

s-l1600.jpg

Do traxxas left, rpm right and see the best. 🤣🤣

I was thinking of traxxas arms for my stampede.
Honestly that crossed my mind but I'm thinking, if the HDs can't handle a simple little rock then I want no part of them.
I use RPM on all of my bashers and I should have when I ordered the HDs. I had to try I guess.