The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up this bad boy brand new shipped for 500 bucks I kick myself in the ass ever since I sold mine so happy and it's my birthday today View attachment 139130
Happy birthday! Congrats on the new truck!

Traxxas released a widemaxx kit for the xmaxx. Well kinda. It's pre-order right now and I went ahead and ordered it. Hopefully it's pretty tough.
Screenshot_20211216-141513_Chrome.jpg

Wow, let us know how it works out. I just may go with this also.

I have the Maxx and did the Widemaxx kit and CV driveshafts and it has held up great. It's my main basher and takes a beating and comes back for more. My wide kit was $50 and $99 for the CV driveshafts. My body shell was pretty beat up so I purchased a new one and a set of Sledgehammer tires that come with the new V2 version. She looks new. Really like the Sledgehammer's over the stock tires. Good luck with your wide X-Maxx.
7E381211-3FC2-4AFC-81A9-E1AAC1724E54_1_201_a.jpeg

It really is, I have a set of paddles for it also. I run it out at the sand dunes.

Just picked this bad boy up from a co worker he said the engine was locked up turns out it was just gummed up real bad since it's been sitting for years paid 40 bucks no controller but the engine runs and it only needs minor work score for me

Attachments

• 20211217_211840.jpg
    20211217_211840.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 18
Just picked this bad boy up from a co worker he said the engine was locked up turns out it was just gummed up real bad since it's been sitting for years paid 40 bucks no controller but the engine runs and it only needs minor work score for me

That's a nice score!

MIP 7mm socket and power hobby hex drivers, my existing tools don't translate well to the rc world. Pleasantly surprised to find that MIP is made in the US.

Attachments

• 20211218_152844.jpg
    20211218_152844.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 12
I am sooooo stoked! Those of you that know me, know that my favorite kits I've ever owned are the Losi LST2 6S electric conversion I did and my Losi XXL nitro monster truck. For those of you that dont know the XXL is the same thing as the LST2 just has an extended chassis. After the XXL they came out with the XXL2 which was Losi's response to the HPI Savage Octane. As we all know all the octane models that came out around that time were flops so i never bought one of those. Then I took a break from the hobby for awhile. While I was out of the hobby Losi released the XXL2-E Which was essentially just a XXL that they slapped their LST2 conversion kit on from the factory. Well my LST2-E conversion is basically the same thing so ok not a big deal there but then they released the Losi 3XL-E which is basically an LST2/XXL with a completely redesigned chassis. All the shocktowers, shocks, arms, diffs, drive shafts, axels, tierods, bumpers etc etc are the same just completely redesigned chassis which gives the kit a bit more of a muggy stance to it. Well needless to say, I was enamored with it the moment I saw it but they must not have been in production very long at all cuz you rarely see them even used on eBay. After about 1.5 years of being on the look out for this rig I finally scored one and not only did I score one but its in preem condition. I'm still doing a happy dance! :woohoo:
20211216_160038.jpg

20211216_160051.jpg
20211216_160113.jpg
20211216_160120.jpg
20211216_160240.jpg

I am sooooo stoked! Those of you that know me, know that my favorite kits I've ever owned are the Losi LST2 6S electric conversion I did and my Losi XXL nitro monster truck. For those of you that dont know the XXL is the same thing as the LST2 just has an extended chassis. After the XXL they came out with the XXL2 which was Losi's response to the HPI Savage Octane. As we all know all the octane models that came out around that time were flops so i never bought one of those. Then I took a break from the hobby for awhile. While I was out of the hobby Losi released the XXL2-E Which was essentially just a XXL that they slapped their LST2 conversion kit on from the factory. Well my LST2-E conversion is basically the same thing so ok not a big deal there but then they released the Losi 3XL-E which is basically an LST2/XXL with a completely redesigned chassis. All the shocktowers, shocks, arms, diffs, drive shafts, axels, tierods, bumpers etc etc are the same just completely redesigned chassis which gives the kit a bit more of a muggy stance to it. Well needless to say, I was enamored with it the moment I saw it but they must not have been in production very long at all cuz you rarely see them even used on eBay. After about 1.5 years of being on the look out for this rig I finally scored one and not only did I score one but its in preem condition. I'm still doing a happy dance! :woohoo:
View attachment 139281
View attachment 139282View attachment 139283View attachment 139284View attachment 139285

That's a neat looking truck. It's interesting how the different manufacturers take approaches but also the same too. That looks like a well balanced ripper.

Congrats! It's so much sweeter when you've been searching a long time and then it's in primo condition to boot! Totally stoked for you. :thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

That's a neat looking truck. It's interesting how the different manufacturers take approaches but also the same too. That looks like a well balanced ripper.
Congrats! It's so much sweeter when you've been searching a long time and then it's in primo condition to boot! Totally stoked for you. :thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:
Thanks guys. I'm so happy :)

Back