The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking axles.
They should get the job done I hope. Will be ordering the rest of the parts Sunday. Breydon is anxious to put this one together, so next weekend it's game on.

Bro, those look savage!
Yeah, I think they just came out. The only thing is I am unsure about is the set screws. All the Slash diffs have a through hole for a threaded pin, so unless those set screws lock on the shafts, I am unsure how these hold onto the shaft. I will have to figure that out when they arrive.

Yeah, I think they just came out. The only thing is I am unsure about is the set screws. All the Slash diffs have a through hole for a threaded pin, so unless those set screws lock on the shafts, I am unsure how these hold onto the shaft. I will have to figure that out when they arrive.
If I had to take a wild guess Id say the diff cup grub screws tighten down on the flat part of the output shaft at a point before or after the hole in the output shaft for the standard grub pin.

The first bandit and 2wd electrics I'm not sure of, but the old 2wd nitros had 2 grubscrews going into the steel diff output on each side. They also had a screw screwed into the diff horizontally. After the yoke is screwed on, then you assemble the drive shaft while its all screwed in.

My 2014 silverado body PRO343000 came in. They sent me a 72 c10 instead and still have 5 2014s instock. Not a good first time buying experience from Tower Hobbies.

My 2014 silverado body PRO343000 came in. They sent me a 72 c10 instead and still have 5 2014s instock. Not a good first time buying experience from Tower Hobbies.
They will send you a replacement and you get to keep the C10 I am guessing.

Pulled the trigger on the xmas order for the kiddo and also grabbed the remainder of parts needed for Slash drag build. Got this ordered with a $65 off coupon, a $10 b-day coupon, and the Ryft was on sale for $120 off. Not to mention I earned $20 worth of points on this order. So basically $215 in savings 😁

Screenshot_20211205-021625_Chrome.jpg

Pulled the trigger on the xmas order for the kiddo and also grabbed the remainder of parts needed for Slash drag build. Got this ordered with a $65 off coupon, a $10 b-day coupon, and the Ryft was on sale for $120 off. Not to mention I earned $20 worth of points on this order. So basically $215 in savings 😁

View attachment 138559
right on! 👍

Bought a brand new HW 13,5T just before Q3 yesterday at the racetrack... Been able to all rebuild/install before the Q3 and the Main race;

IMG_3893.JPG

I was going for a 10,5T (74A), but my ESC is 80A and the 13,5T is 59A. The tech guys recommand me to stick with the 13,5T. The ESC temp is around 100 Celcius after 5 minutes of Quali/race...

Note: yes, racing is pure fun but things are getting expensive... Sensored wire last week, new Jconcept tires friday, new fan and spur yesterday ...

View attachment 138559

Those ryft rigs look super cool. I'd love to see a 1/6-1/5 scale version.

Got the t-bone racing 4.0 air time ramp and upgraded my living room TV. The ramp feels pretty sturdy, I'm not sure it'll handle a 1/5 kraton launching off it. The xmaxx should be OK. Hopefully 🤣. I may add a little more bracing to it. The collapsible design is very nice. Finally jumped on the oled train. Over the past few years, I've grown very fond of Sony TVs. Their UI and image processing seems vastly superior to other top brands. The TV I'm replacing is a 65" x950g which has an amazing picture, especially considering its a LED. The A80J is absolutely ridiculous
20211205_113306.jpg

Last edited:
Those ryft rigs look super cool. I'd love to see a 1/6-1/5 scale version.

Got the t-bone racing 4.0 air time ramp and upgraded my living room TV. The ramp feels pretty sturdy, I'm not sure it'll handle a 1/5 kraton launching off it. The xmaxx should be OK. Hopefully 🤣. I may add a little more bracing to it. The collapsible design is very nice. Finally jumped on the oled train. Over the past few years, I've grown very fond of Sony TVs. Their UI and image processing seems vastly superior to other top brands. The TV I'm replacing is a 65" x950g which has an amazing picture, especially considering its a LED. The A80J is absolutely ridiculous
View attachment 138586
I was reading some of the reviews on the T-Bone ramps and since they switched from flathead bolts to the buttonheads, people were complaining their chassis were getting destroyed by the bolts.

Nice TV. I love my Bravia.

I was reading some of the reviews on the T-Bone ramps and since they switched from flathead bolts to the buttonheads, people were complaining their chassis were getting destroyed by the bolts.

Nice TV. I love my Bravia.

Yea, I saw those too as well as durability issues. It's definitely a compromise vs a built wooden ramp. But the portability aspect is what appeals to me. I can always get some flat bar aluminum, longer bolts and washers to beef it up. Only time will tell.

They're fantastic TVs. I'm a bit of media snob. I Eventually want to upgrade all my speakers to klipsch reference. But that's around 2 grand for the setup I'd want. Plus my current setup does very well for a "budget" setup.

Got some Christmas goodies for the kiddo. The Ryft kit is so heavy it nearly threw my back out carrying it into the house and pulling it out of the shipping box. Lots of metal components in this kit! Now I have to wrap all this stuff 😜
20211207_130051.jpg

I think I am most excited that this is the last of the parts needed to build the Drag Slash though 😁😁😁

Breydon is gonna have a good christmas! I almost nabbed one of those Ryfts myself :)
Yeah, I hope he likes these kits. I am also going to try to get a couple bodies painted for him. I need to order him some decals from the local print shop, but I need to get something designed first.

Scored a ton of stuff for black friday.

Hitec DPC-11 Programmer for Hitec servos & Castle Creations B-Link programmer
20211208_063823.jpg
20211208_063830.jpg

Trinity Holeshot Drag Master 2.5T motor
20211208_063810.jpg
20211208_063815.jpg

AKA Tire bands and Castle Mamba Monster 2 ESC
20211208_063840.jpg
20211208_063601.jpg

Picked up a couple different Traxxas battery straps to go with my 3D printed battery tray & I bought my wife a Yokomo Racing hoodie to feed her hoodie fetish :)
20211208_111909.jpg
20211208_112114.jpg

Picked up a Fantom 5500mAh 100C lipo for testing
20211208_111845.jpg

Back