The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this today...I'm ready for winter this year!
20211124_112406.jpg
20211124_112414.jpg
20211124_112522.jpg

Makes sense, I ran mine for an extended period is decently tall grass and everything was extremely hot. But the esc fan failed too. I'm hoping the upgraded rocket fan and adding one to the motor helps. I also put screens under the covers.

The newer shock stand offs are pretty beefy, I wouldn't be surprised if the shock tower doesn't bend before the stand offs. I saw their older design, which was definitely better than stock but these are definitely better.

Have you had any stripped wheels?

View attachment 136798

I also picked up a new toy box today. Alitools sent me a notification about a significant price drop so I didn't waste time :)... Pretty cool so far. Definitely going to get lights and possibly the lift kit.
The other day ordered another Spyderco knife. Hope that in a couple hours will have it. Can't say that I am mad about knives but some specimens make me spend money on them no matter the price.

Last edited:
My current knife I carry now is a Spyderco. I love it but I love Benchmade better. One of these days Ima buy me another benchmade.
I have owned a few Benchmade autos. The one I have now is a one of a kind mashup of a trainer that has been fitted with a polished blade from another Benchmade. Thing feels like a mule when it kicks open.

The 10% off Black Friday sale got to me (Amain) and I ordered the new Tekno NT 48 2.0. This will be my first kit build so I’m hoping I didn’t jump in over my head on this one. I have read that their instructions are very good so I’m not too worried. I still need to buy the ancillary parts I’ll need (servos, engine, radio/receiver, etc.) but that will have to be spread over a couple months to soften the hit to the wallet. My current truck is the Losi nitro RTR so I’m looking forward to the step up in quality and drivability. Let me know if y’all have any advice or tips to help keep me from making any major mistakes with this. Thanks.

Is that the old blue one? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 enjoy. Is it radio controlled yet?
Yeah the old blue one was a $130 blue light special. Anything over 3 or 4 inches of dry powdery snow and you might as well grab a shovel. Not this one! lol

WickedFog finally twisted my arm into buying a 3D printer for black friday. Went ahead and picked up a better hotend and bowden tube also. Nothing like hoping it up before youve even used it lol. Picked up several different colors of filament too :)

41mqWMhazFL.jpg
71-feS6QenL._SL1500_.jpg
41xEcRzC8vL.jpg
713U4aBmDYL._SL1200_.jpg
718FXrtqfqL._SL1500_.jpg
61gib7MTZOL._SL1001_.jpg
61d3WRR2UdL._SL1000_.jpg
611-lp27asL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the old blue one was a $130 blue light special. Anything over 3 or 4 inches of dry powdery snow and you might as well grab a shovel. Not this one! lol

WickedFog finally twisted my arm into buying a 3D printer for black friday. Went ahead and picked up a better hotend and bowden tube also. Nothing like hoping it up before youve even used it lol. Picked up several different colors of filament too :)

View attachment 138320View attachment 138321View attachment 138322View attachment 138323View attachment 138324View attachment 138325View attachment 138326View attachment 138327

Thingiverse.com
Cults3d
Yeggi
Cg trader are some of the sites I found neat stuff on. Thingiverse being the most interesting.

So a new addiction begins.

Charger for my phone.
And yes I just began learning logo design on the internet and putting what I've learned into practice, and I'm doing pretty well at it and other comparable chores, so I'm considering turning it into a career, and I'm making some excellent money with it. Now that I've been promoting my iconic logos and design services. So I bought a premium course in logo designing and services to enhance my skills.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Chubaka. That PL '911' Silverado will make for a great MT presentation.
I had one for my 10.2 but moved it to my Stampede extended, so
I will probably use it for my 10.2. For the fire rescue truck, I might use the 2015 silverado for it as it has an aggressive look.
https://www.rccaraction.com/pro-line-1-10-2015-chevrolet-silverado-clear-body/

But more than likely a 2500 with the diesel exhaust and badgings. I have 3d printed fire extinguishers, 2 chainsaws and I have timers to make the strobe lights.

https://www.rccaraction.com/pro-line-2021-chevy-silverado-clear-body-traxxas-e-revo-2-0-maxx/

I couldn't help myself... Decided to grab a 1/5 kraton exb roller while they're $50 off. Man this thing is nice. The tires are massive! I can tell this thing is going to be an absolute blast off road. The width compared to an Xmaxx is ridiculous.

20211201_204401.jpg

20211201_221111.jpg