The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a 2016 Camry. They have a reputation for great reliability. I got 32+ mpg on the trip home with mine.
After driving my car, her's is a bit of a dud off the line, but ok once it gets moving. I like it though. Makes me curious how the v6 one feels... if it exists anymore.

After driving my car, her's is a bit of a dud off the line, but ok once it gets moving. I like it though. Makes me curious how the v6 one feels... if it exists anymore.
The V-6 is still around at Toyota. Honda switched to turbo 4 cylinders like VW.

At last, delivery of two A2 sheets of 2mm thick cardboard and two A2 sheets of 1.5mm thick ABS for the deck of my boat. Sorry no pics as photos of cardboard and plastic sheets wouldn't exactly be thrilling ;)

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the battery pack I ordered for my boat build, an 8s 5000 MAh 29.6v one with the cells in one long row. A bit more thrilling :)

I could almost post in here every day, but, a lot of days, i only buy little stuff, like spare parts, but, in the last 3 weeks, i have bought 5 cars (DHK Hunter, DHK Raz-R, ECX Circuit, Traxxas Rustler, Exceed RC Terrain), 4 Gen's Ace 5000MAH 2S LIPO's, and enough spare parts to almost build a new Redcat Blackout XTE, which i finally got sick of breaking and buying parts for, so now its been stripped, and most of the parts either went into my Arrma Granite (Hobby Wing 10BL50 and 3650 3250KV combo), or my DHK hunter (tires and wheels, which were originally from a Redcat Volcano XTE, steering servo, a Chinese all metal gear cheapo which i originally got on Amazon), and whatever was left, i gave to my neighbor for spares for his Blackout.

Oooof, I need to do the same. Bought new pillows today, it's a start. Going Tempurpedic next time after sleeping on one for a few nights. They hold up long term much better, and beds are an expensive investment.

beds are an expensive investment.
...BUT, one of the most important. Many years ago the mother of a friend of mine told me that there are two things in life you should never cut corners on. Your bed and your shoes because if you're not in one, you're in the other.

...BUT, one of the most important. Many years ago the mother of a friend of mine told me that there are two things in life you should never cut corners on. Your bed and your shoes because if you're not in one, you're in the other.

I couldn't agree more. I have friends that freak out over what I pay for custom insoles, much less shoes. An hour later, they'll be bitching about lower back pain, knee pain, etc. :hehe:

So did I, with an 8" memory foam mattress. Wow, is that box heavy. Weighs more than the frame.
I got one like that from IKEA with a new frame. I took a nap on it and was more comfortable than @Rolex wearing no pants in his recliner in the old mods' lounge here...

Ordered some more parts for my Tornado s30 last night. With Chistmas coming and 13 grand kids, I have to wait until after the holidays to order the rest...

servo saver.jpg
upper arm mount.jpg

Ordered some more parts for my Tornado s30 last night. With Chistmas coming and 13 grand kids, I have to wait until after the holidays to order the rest...
In the last month, i have ordered so many parts, i could probably give gifts to a dozen kids, so, today my wife said, if i order even one more part before the holidays are over, she is going to cut up my debit card, and change our account LOL. Little does she know, i just ordered a servo and steering kit for my Arrma Fury. I keep trying to explain to her that building winter proof cars cost money, but it just gets ignored.

Quite honestly if it was up to my wife she would let me order 6 more vehicles because she is just that kind of woman, but I know where she is coming from when she said wait until after the kids get their Christmas.:)

Quite honestly if it was up to my wife she would let me order 6 more vehicles because she is just that kind of woman, but I know where she is coming from when she said wait until after the kids get their Christmas.:)
Normally, mine could care less what i spend, but, in our house, the holidays also encompass 5 birthdays, and, this year, one get her permit, one passed her road test, and one is just getting into the teen years, so, between paying for a permit, as well as a vehicle, and an early teen birthday, plus thanksgiving and Christmas for over 30 people, i can understand why she said that.

I finally bought a set of small wrenches ( metric and sae ) for working on the rigs .. A lot better than using a pair of pliers like a caveman lol . Now to replace every....single....battery :(

I installed the parts above and just ordered these...

front steering knuckles 06066B.jpg
turn buckles 06048B.jpg