The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you allergic to the great outdoors or just the smell of gunpowder?

I think I'm allergic to that recliner of yours in the staff lounge. We should probably have a meeting about that. :hehe:

My KIDD ULW bull barrel and 20MOA rail from Evolution Gun Works, my Vortex scope level, and Volquartsen auto bolt release showed up today.

uKSMgic.jpg

sUPDvWB.jpg

I think I'm allergic to that recliner of yours in the staff lounge. We should probably have a meeting about that. :hehe:
It was never a problem till @slowngreen started using it on my day off. I might have to get a Hazmat team to remove it.

You guys don't want to hear about stuff I buy for my house, right? I am not a millionaire, but I seem to spend more than $20 a day on it lately. ($20 per day times 100 years = 1 million)

Bread, cheese, ham, orange juice. Front top aluminum brace and body mount for my Losi Ten SCTE 3.0. Next part will be the aluminum rear diff. bearings insert.

Just dropped my wife's car off to install a remote starter... $400. Added that on when we bought the car a couple weeks ago, but getting it installed tomorrow. One of those things that once you have it... it's irritating to live without.

Got some 1800uf caps to make a cap pack for my MMX in my savage. If it helps the voltage ripple in the logs, may make a few more for other trucks.
Also got a 12"x24"x1/2" slab of HDPE to use to make spacers for my various roll bars. Really want to stack something up on the outcast center cage thing, then put a bit of foam on top to support the roof. If that helps, then I'll put the "indestructable" body on it. Same with my stampede 4x4 and likely my ERBEv1. I didn't have anything thick enough or solid enough to do the job.

Picked up an Olight PL-2 Valkyrie weapon light on the sale over the weekend, and a KIDD trigger spring tuning kit for the 10/22. Also bought 250rds of CCI standard velocity target .22 LR, a can of CLP, some new cleaning brushes and .22 bore brushes, and a cheap HP all in one printer for some ATF paperwork that I probably shouldn't print out at work. :hehe:

3p0YIGr.jpg

Picked up a new microwave to replace a 15+ year old one that died the other night in the middle of fixing dinner....

Started my sleeve last night. Can’t wait to finish it, just a mitten feels weird visually but perfection takes time I suppose. Should finish it in a week or so. Back in the shop today working on my wife’s back tattoo.
9FA7DAD0-A629-444A-A80B-92E6E55A145A.jpeg

Picked up an Olight PL-2 Valkyrie weapon light on the sale over the weekend, and a KIDD trigger spring tuning kit for the 10/22. Also bought 250rds of CCI standard velocity target .22 LR, a can of CLP, some new cleaning brushes and .22 bore brushes, and a cheap HP all in one printer for some ATF paperwork that I probably shouldn't print out at work. :hehe:

3p0YIGr.jpg

LOL.....this reminds me of that comedian Ron White!

Bought a revo vxl/2.0 roller to convert my ERBEv1 to a 2.0 so I can run 6S in it without blowing diffs and axles real easily. Kind of got tired of shelling the sliders as it is with 4S. Seems I was throwing $50+ at it every year to replace them.

Sad that I won't be able to swap over my RPM arms/true track though. Gives me backups for my 2 nitro revos I still have. Hoping my TBR front/rear skid-wheelie bar will transfer.

Still waiting on parts for my outcast. Blew a bearing in the rear diff then fried the ring/pinion, so ordered 3 of the new arrma aluminum/steel diff cups to use those instead as preventative. Not sure why... horizon shipped via amazon from Champaign, IL and they went to Wisconsin... they won't be back in IL until Monday.

Oh well, the roller is supposed to be here tomorrow, so perhaps I can get that all converted before Saturday and go bust it up at the BMX track. lol! Really hoping the stock arms/carriers hold up better than they did on all pre-2.0 revos...

Got a couple sets of revo 2.0 carriers, traxxas revo alloy rear chassis brace, push rod ends and tie rod ends as well as a spur/cush parts for the 2.0.

Probably should order a set of arms... one of the axle carriers I'm pretty sure was broken when I got it as the cracked plastic that holds the pillow ball in looked old/dirty. I'm hoping that by not ordering the arms, that the originals will hold up. I'm very surprised that they are so far. Will try holding off buying replacement ones until RPM decides to make a true track for the 2.0. The chassis was cracked on it near the front of one of the battery bay's on the bottom. I patched it with a piece of aluminum and it hasn't budged yet.

After beating the snot out of it on Saturday... I wanted to get some of the obvious stuff on hand that I don't already have from my v1 revo parts bin. I don't know what other "problem" items are on this platform.

A new range bag from Red Rock outdoors, split 1000rds of Aguila SuperExtra 40gr .22LR with a friend, some carabiners and straps for hanging steel targets, a Bog Pod XSR shooting rest that will be modded with an arca swiss mount, a couple new ball head tripods, two 50mm arca swiss mounting plates, and a Sig Sauer Kilo 1200 laser range finder.

And finally, my camera gear was decent, 10+ years ago. Trying to film bullet impacts on steel really shows the short comings in zoom range these days, so I ordered a new Panasonic Lumix (my old one has been fantastic!) FZ80 mainly for shooting video while at our private ranges. 60x optical zoom, or 20-1200mm in camera gear head terms. Should be here Friday, so I'll get to test it out on Saturday.