The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just a cruiser at this point, but there is a member who may talk me into racing. Not with my current (precious) collection, but something I made, complete with non-precious bodies, and Heisenburg racing is online. Would love to take a roller and build from that. A Slash sounds like something I could build for on road racing, off road, or anything in between.

Radio control wise, still waiting on a lot of backorder parts. Got a new RPM bumper for my UDR, as well as some metal HR disc brake hubs, still waiting on my calipers. Also have losi front springs on backorder for the slash ultimate so lots of hurry up and wait lately.

Found our new range here in Tampa, since bought lots of .32acp, 10mm, .40S&W, and .44mag and a new pew. Getting into revolvers more lately. Probably picking up a pair of J-Frames soon also. My wife loves the hand cannons, so the S&W 460 or 500 may be in the near future also.

Attachments

• 58198700770__651154DA-61DC-4BBC-B92A-F88A0B029509.JPG
    58198700770__651154DA-61DC-4BBC-B92A-F88A0B029509.JPG
    403.8 KB · Views: 127
Radio control wise, still waiting on a lot of backorder parts. Got a new RPM bumper for my UDR, as well as some metal HR disc brake hubs, still waiting on my calipers. Also have losi front springs on backorder for the slash ultimate so lots of hurry up and wait lately.

Found our new range here in Tampa, since bought lots of .32acp, 10mm, .40S&W, and .44mag and a new pew. Getting into revolvers more lately. Probably picking up a pair of J-Frames soon also. My wife loves the hand cannons, so the S&W 460 or 500 may be in the near future also.
managed to win a 40 S&W M&P pistol in a raffle awhile back, one of my favorite pistols!

I've yet to shoot the newer S&W semi-autos, but our range allows free rentals to members so it's on our list to try one out as they have several variants in house. I can't believe the price on them, my shop had Shields for sub $300 new, unbelievable. Only thing I dislike about .40 is how everyone is ditching it for 9mm due to cost, and saying it's a dead caliber. I have some .40 that are loaded hotter than most 10mm rounds due to improvements in powder/etc. I have a Glock 23 for the .40 and to me it's the tamest thing I've ever shot, I drill 1" holes at 15yrds with stock sights and very decent time on my splits.

I've yet to shoot the newer S&W semi-autos, but our range allows free rentals to members so it's on our list to try one out as they have several variants in house. I can't believe the price on them, my shop had Shields for sub $300 new, unbelievable. Only thing I dislike about .40 is how everyone is ditching it for 9mm due to cost, and saying it's a dead caliber. I have some .40 that are loaded hotter than most 10mm rounds due to improvements in powder/etc. I have a Glock 23 for the .40 and to me it's the tamest thing I've ever shot, I drill 1" holes at 15yrds with stock sights and very decent time on my splits.
that is kind of strange, here 40 S&W is about the same price as 9mm, think my favorite caliber for pistols is .40, and 45 GAP.
dont think you can have enough pistols though.

This is ironic ,I was just watching a bunch of vids yesterday!

This might interest you ,to be prepared in some tips on how to carry yourself when something happens!...:thumbs-up:

After going through a couple sets of different bluetooth ear buds, and doing a bunch of research, I finally broke down and bought a good set. They were on sale last week, so I figured why not. Should have just done this to begin with. Tiny, lightweight, very comfortable, 5+ hours on a charge, case will charge them twice before needing charging. Good sound quality, great call quality so far, and a nice feature called hear through which uses the BT mics to let you hear your surroundings (traffic, sirens, etc) while listening to music. I used it on my run through town this evening, and it's fantastic!:banana:

Jabra Elite Active 65t

3MASnDn.jpg

MgQsKqe.jpg

GOhIw4Z.jpg

Got my wife a "new" car.

Replaced a 2007 mercury grand marquis with a 2016 Camry for my wife. That was the 4th and last MGM I owned in a row. Usually I buy a car, pay it off, she gets it and I get another, but now with my miles cut to 1/4 they used to be, figured she was well overdue for a car that suited her better. She was terrified to drive the 300 anyway, being how short she is and the aggressiveness of the go button.

The kids:
2019-0629-2016-Camry-2012_300C01.jpg

Hers:
2019-0629-2016-Camry01.jpg

I had a MGM nearly that color too, was my favorite of the 5 I owned.
2004-0307-1998GMarquisDriver.JPG

Will see how the Camry does for us over the next 4 years... with the issues I had with the 300, I'm not likely to get another. I only drove the Camry an hour or so, but it seems like a decent car. Quiet, rides decent, not a complete dog when you step on it... 35mpg would be pretty crazy after what I'm used to!

RCJuice was having a sale, so ordered a couple cheap waterproof servos (I run one in my ERBEv1 at the moment for steering), a spare 30mm fan (were on sale last week for $10, but $15 now) and a 3665 3100kv hobbystar motor for my stampede if the hobbywing 3660sl 3100kv still runs too hot... odds are, will swap it out anyway so I can gear up a bit as I geared down to help my motor overheating issue on 3S.

Evolution Gun Works 20MOA 10/22 scope rail

Vortex scope level

Cross slide drill press vise

1/4 carbide cutting bit

Tap Magic cutting fluid

Two strap wrenches

A tub of Thompson Center bore butter

A .22lr spinner target

1600rds of various .22lr ammo

And allergy meds :hehe:

Picked up a new Epson Inkjet Printer with the huge Eco-Tank system for less than half price new in box from the PX/BX. Woo-hoo!