The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new WD My Cloud Home to replace a failed Seagate cloud HDD.
I had a seagate 6T external die on me recently. It was the mirror to the internal 6T seagate in my media PC. Had 450+ of my blue-rays/dvd's on it. I replaced it with an 8T WD external.

Buying stuff for my wife for Christmas... we don't decorate or anything really for the holidays, but we still buy each other stuff. Got her a new pair of diamond earrings and ugg slippers. That should help offset the swiss diamond pots/pans she asked for. Always feel weird getting her gifts for the kitchen or house, even when she asks for them specifically.

Got her a Neato robot vac a year or so ago for her b-day. She loves the thing and even gave it a name... Jarvis cleans our house now via an app on her phone! LOL

Nikon P600.

2018 CanAm Commander.

Those are sweet! I’m pondering on the 4 seater maverick, or the one from arctic cat...I can’t recall it’s name since I was more impressed with the maverick, but I’m also almost done paying for 2013/2014 F-150, so I held back just in case I come to my scenes, and realize that I don’t want to pay for something for another couple of years.

The WildCat is likely what you are thinking of. I wanted one but did alot of online reading and they have HORRIBLE reviews. Lots of the reviews where about them braking down on the first ride even. The Maverick, especially the 1000 turbo run extremely well. I dont think you would be disappointed. Guy I work with has the 2 seater, they are just bad ass. I wanted one or a 1000 commander as I wanted the bigger bed with tilt but the interest on the loan was way out of my range so I settle. Still rips though and I jump it all the time and it soaks it up real nice.

Picked up a buck 382 knife cheap on ebay. Reminded me of my dad's pocket knife when I was a kid. He always had at least one pocket knife on him. When he passed away a few years a back, I got one of his old knives I remembered him using every Christmas for cutting deer sausage. It's a bit unwieldly to carry and is razor sharp. Looked it up and found it's a mildly generic knife called a folding fruit knife. Just a 6" blade, long pencil folding knife with pearl handle inlays. Anyway, wanted something that reminded me of him, but made me look less murdery when taking it out of my pocket.

Also ordered a 10TB drive for my media server. The 6T I have in there is a year beyond it's warranty, figured it's better to replace it before it starts throwing errors.

Ordered 4 micro servo's an servo y connector & extension wire this morning before work for
the plane ,which that is all I need for flight time ,I think!....:D

Got my servo's in the mail today ,my Y extension should come tomorrow to hook up the
ailerons ,as I'm using two servo's for them!....:D

I picked a Roku Express+ today since my nVidia Shield doesn't natively support DirecTV Now. The Roku does and it was cheap. We'll have to see how it does once I finally get around to hooking it up.

I have the Roku Ultra for awhile now and it is truly a wonderful device. I use it for Sling, netflix, VUDU, and several network apps along with amazon prime TV. Wouldn't trade it for anything currently.

I have the Roku Ultra for awhile now and it is truly a wonderful device. I use it for Sling, netflix, VUDU, and several network apps along with amazon prime TV. Wouldn't trade it for anything currently.
It's not as fast loading some of the apps that are the same as the Shield, but it does do DirecTV Now natively and does it okay, but it does tend to buffer the commercials more than it should.

The reason I went with the Roku ultra was it has the ethernet and optical hook ups for it I tried it on Wifi and my vudu would buffer more then I wanted, so I stole the ethernet cable I had from the blu ray player since I barely used it anymore and it is flawless now. My wife bought new carpet the other day so I had an excuse to run some new speaker wires under the house for the new Klipsch speakers I bought. She gets new carpet I get to redo my surround sound I thought it was a fair trade. While I was under there I ran another ethernet cable so no more borrowing ethernet cable. I have 3 under there now to cover the Xbox one, the Roku, and the new Onkyo receiver I bought to go with the speakers, I no longer need the blu ray player in there. 10 years ago I would never have thought you would have a surround sound receiver that was internet enabled. Just waiting on the carpet install to hook it all up and test it.

I just wanted to try something quick and cheap for the DirecTV Now. If it continues to work as well as it is working, I can always replace it with something nicer and move this to another location.

E0C452C9-CBE8-46B5-A74C-6B3622971E08.jpeg 08F11CBE-6B11-4DD0-8FCB-A0CB858C6502.jpeg 563A81A8-70AD-49AF-BF0B-37987D4CCC3F.jpeg

Finally getting into solid axle monster trucks. Now waiting for this one to arrive. Custom carbon fiber chassis, dual brushless, modified clodbuster. Have yet to build a kit on my own, but I didn’t want to dump the money needed for this build at retail. Also bought a 2wd stampede for general shenanigans. Too bad they don’t race these locally, yet.