The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I bought a 3.3 revo roller awhile back for 60...today I found a complete revo minus rx/tx an estate sale find...This thing was so dirty, and just caked on with crud...great compression, pullstart, I noticed from the picture the a arms and the shocks...get it home it's practically all metal suspension, with a really smooth steering setup...good servos, jr racing race torque Z650m, basically everything I need and then some for another 60 bucks...got it home rinsed the tank which was bad, no fire. Couple drops into the carb, fired up in a couple pulls...I'm happy with both deals, cause once I clean the upgrade parts and swap onto the perfect roller I started with, should be good for a basher.

Anybody know about this brake set up carbon fiber?[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, wife's already on her way home...shes used to it lol

20170915_165036.jpg

So I bought a 3.3 revo roller awhile back for 60...today I found a complete revo minus rx/tx an estate sale find...This thing was so dirty, and just caked on with crud...great compression, pullstart, I noticed from the picture the a arms and the shocks...get it home it's practically all metal suspension, with a really smooth steering setup...good servos, jr racing race torque Z650m, basically everything I need and then some for another 60 bucks...got it home rinsed the tank which was bad, no fire. Couple drops into the carb, fired up in a couple pulls...I'm happy with both deals, cause once I clean the upgrade parts and swap onto the perfect roller I started with, should be good for a basher.

Anybody know about this brake set up carbon fiber?[/QUOTE]

update...got the suspension changed over, left the stock drivetrain in, because I'm pretty sure the length is different, perhaps not, I was wondering should I use the foc tranny and the carbon fiber dual rotor brake setup that's installed on it, or leave the stock granny in place...if I swap I may as well use the steel drive axles with it if there's no difference in length

update...got the suspension changed over, left the stock drivetrain in, because I'm pretty sure the length is different, perhaps not, I was wondering should I use the foc tranny and the carbon fiber dual rotor brake setup that's installed on it, or leave the stock granny in place...if I swap I may as well use the steel drive axles with it if there's no difference in length
20170916_114815.jpg
Screenshot_20170916-115946.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a FG Racing cage for my ERBE along with extended axles for my flux so I could run the zero offset tires/wheels I bought that rub on the shocks. My ERBE body is nearly busted in half. Did the frankenstein ziptie treatment to it for now. Hoping with the cage, it won't have a chance to flex as much, which would warrant buying a new body for the thing.

The cage seemed to fit nice and is built well:
2017-0915-ERBE-VGCage-Side01.jpg

Flux axles:
2017-0915-SavageFlux-XLextAxles-Front.jpg

Also threw a new set of bones on it along with new o-rings in the front diff cups. The silicone fuel tubing I used got ground up and mostly spit out. With the "performance steering kit" on it, it turns further than a stock savage, which makes the bones popping out a frequent occurence without the o-rings. Found that out the hard way.

Test fitting linkage I had to come up with from parts laying around, need to finish tomorrow installing the steering servos, and should be doing a test tun then...fired up really easily, starts on one pull now...big issue is clearance between carb and spur gear...may have to twist the carb or go down a couple teeth cause the 40T metal gear will chew up my intake as it is...
20170916_194233.jpg
20170916_194803.jpg
20170916_195014.jpg

Got it today. DIN #7 of 100. Lowest DIN I have. I thought my 2016 #24 3m elite was good at #19 of 300

Emergency complete series, Matlock season 2 and preordered Call of Duty WW2.

Screenshot_20171017-120015.jpg
Screenshot_20171017-120053.png
Screenshot_20171017-120110.png

About to pick up this SWEET deal locally, 2 Jatos one with RB MODS 3.7 with so far unknown mods, judging by the limited photos, I see a TQi radio, and he said it's TSM equipped, I see some I'm assuming telemetry wires in one pic. Apparently the traxxas engine has low compression, so 200 dollars, shouldn't break the bank, I'll probably convert the one to brushless.

Bought a couple buffalo nickels on ebay before I got out of bed this morning.

So, I went to sLowes to see if they might possibly have a new battery for my 5+ year old Hitachi cordless drill. And, they actually still make that model and the batteries. So, the battery was $53, but they had a 12V lithium impact marked down to $69, so I bought that instead figuring for $16 more, I get a new tool as well. Got it home, and not only did it have the battery in it, it had a spare also. SCORE!

Also, picked up a yearly membership to the new indoor gun range, went by the FightKraft store and picked up a couple of 1.5" belt clips for my holster from them and talked to the owner about some ideas I want done in the future, and some paper plates and 3/4" adhesive sticky dots to make targets out of.

And, finally, I snagged some Deity Black Label handlebars that were on closeout for the squishy bike from Steep and Cheap.

so 200 dollars, shouldn't break the bank, I'll probably convert the one to brushless.

I converted mine to electric and it really made it fun again. I grew tired of fussing with the trx engine, even though it was nearly new. I've just never had good luck with traxxas engines. I used the electrics out of my brushless 4x4 stampede along with a mount/tray combo from a guy in Greece (I think) on ebay.

I snagged a brand used set of proline 40 series trenchers for $60 on ebay. I wanted to try them out to see if they would be too big and spending $100+ retail was more than I wanted to spend for something I was unsure of. Luckily, they seemed to be in decent condition and bolted right up on my flux nice. They have WAAAAAAAAY less wobble than the brand new traxxas 3.8 t-maxx tires/wheels I put on it. Those things are just so out of balance you can barely get above 1/2 throttle before it tries shaking the truck apart.
2017-1025-SavageFlux-ProlineTrenchersVsTraxxasMaxx3.3.jpg

They also add a bit more cushion for the landings. I may gear down the pinion a tooth though, will have to keep an eye on the esc/motor temps.