The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up Destiny for the Xbone yesterday, it's been updating ever since. :rolleyes: I might actually get to play it before going out of town this weekend to do my Christmas shopping.

I'm glad I saw this post! I bought my son an xbox one and a couple of games for Christmas, I'm going to update the system and games while he's at school so he can play as soon as he gets it!

Pete, YES I would do that. We're doing the same for my nephew when I go down to visit my little sister this weekend. Nothing IMO as a child would be more frustrating on Christmas morning than spending hours having to update your new toy before you can play with it. On a side note, Destiny is a beautiful game, finally got to play last night for a bit. If you liked HALO, you'll like Destiny.

For the Savage

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 70
Nothing IMO as a child would be more frustrating on Christmas morning than spending hours having to update your new toy before you can play with it.
It's the video game equivalent to not having charged batteries.

It took a long time but everything is updated and the rechargeable packs for the controllers are charged, it's going to be plug n play! I loaded two games, Fallout 4 took about 40 minutes, COD Black Ops III took just over 2 hours! If he would have started all of this in the morning he wouldn't have played until that night or the next morning.....I deserve a drink!

My piece of advice, don't try out fallout. You will get hooked. I have close to 100 hrs logged on it and haven't even been to the institute yet.

I hear ya bud, what level are you on? I found 4 different paint jobs for power armour. Have my maxed out a settlement yet?

Been wanting to try out Fallout, just not sure it's my kind of game. Going to get a GameFly account after Christmas since demos are apparently a thing of the past as well on next gen. :D

I hear ya bud, what level are you on? I found 4 different paint jobs for power armour. Have my maxed out a settlement yet?

I'm level 44. Didnt know you can max out a settlement. I think my highest has like 13 people.

Been wanting to try out Fallout, just not sure it's my kind of game. Going to get a GameFly account after Christmas since demos are apparently a thing of the past as well on next gen. :D

If you still have an older console, you can get one of the older used games from gamestop or somewhere for like $5- $10. Same exact game play just better graphics and larger worlds.

Losi 3.4 carb for my TRX3.3 to possibly run at some point over the next two weeks if weather allows. Supposedly, that carb really wakes the engine up and holds a tune better.

Bought a new brake-light switch and a pair of marker light bulbs for little car so it would pass inspection.

iTunes, Steam, League of Legends, BattleNet and CalPoly Store gift cards.

Spark plugs for my car... 16 of them (WHY DODGE?!?! WHY?!?!?). Thought about installing them myself, but after looking at it, I'd have to buy more tools and honestly, it's worth a couple hundred for letting someone else do it.

Also, a 24" LED light bar for my workbench. Tired of the fluorescent ones dieing after 6 months. For $20, this is a pretty bright light for a bench:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_595682-11840-54290141_1z11owhZ1z11964__?productId=50277245&pl=1

Still need the shop/flood light over my head (with a 40w cfl in it), but the LED adds nice white light up under my workbench shelf and adds light in a direction that my head isn't in when looking down at something.

Fallout 4 for the Xbone with the XBL gift card I got for Christmas. And a new 50" Vizio TV with the cash and gift cards (I made up the rest) I got for Christmas. My old TV was only 720p and some of the back lights were going out, I had no idea just how bad it had gotten until replacing it.

Bought a Fox air pump for my forks with a gift card I got from my brother for Christmas.