The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Purchased a MGT 4.6 Should be here around the 6th. That makes four engines I have to break in...

Some new jeans (I'm really hard on jeans somehow), some Nike Free 5.0 running shoes, and then Molson Canadian beers. Following drinking said Molson Canadian beers, and a few others that had been left here over the holidays and watching the team Canada world juniors beat down Germany, I may have ordered a Zippo Montreal Canadiens lighter online.
I do know I purchased a Dynamite hex driver set yesterday and a spectrum 3ch receiver, just waiting back on a response to a question I have for Holmes hobbies before I go ahead with an order from them.

Chipotle for lunch and La Taquiza for dinner. I expect the ring of fire in the morning.

A NATO band for my luminox. Screw that rubber crap they come with.

SOG Tigershark Elite

Spending the Amazon gift cards I got for Xmas.

I just looked at my mileage keeper app, and I havent put gas in my POV since 11/29/2014. And i still have over 3/4 of a tank.

I work too much.

Picked up some polish for some old brass I had, 20mm is done in no time....105 will take a while longer. I also picked up some bottle openers that my buddy threw together.

20141214_105632_zpsvpwzfa2u.jpg

20141231_134402_zps2abozlly.jpg

20141231_132918_zps9mxgylef.jpg

I remember having to sling the 105mm shells. Lots of fun moving them from the racks to the main gun while in motion.

EDIT: I also picked up gas for $1.85 a gallon as well as A Million Ways to Die in the Old West, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Expendables 3. Whoo-hoo! Movie marathon tonight!

Last edited:
My cheerson CX-10 finally came in. It is some of the most fun someone can have indoors or out with anything remote controlled. It flys AMAZINGLY.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M6HP1HM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That looks pretty similar to the Estes Proto X that I got, your's has the quad "body" though. If it is, hopefully your motors last longer. I think mine was defective from the get go though, my first pack was pretty hard to control and took almost the whole time to trim it out and I found one of the motor shafts had way more slop than the rest. I only got about a week of flying before I decided to contact Hobbico about the motor shaft, I'm having to trim it every flight, they're sending me a replacement quad. Let us know how it holds up, it may be a good choice if the replacement from Hobbico doesn't last.

I decided to try it again...I guess my son swapped my rear blades, they were spinning the wrong way.

Last edited: