The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I was at an art show visiting with my mom when I saw it.

Get a good set of 10s and lose that gigantic ass box with more/better/cleaner sound. Take it from a former audio competitor and current popo, that big ass box is a target for thieves.

+1 on this. I recommend 2 10s JL is good. With a 500\1 JL amp. Good tunes inside and wont really bother anyone out side.
I did a project in my suv once called project choke a b!@#%.
2 18s 2500watts a peace. With 2 JL 1000/1 and let me tell ya............never again

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

IMG_169836347311950_zps2bb33986.jpg

IMG_169858349417853_zps8af01783.jpg

Heres one 18

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

This brand is cheap as well. But it moved alot of air.
The box also took up half of the suv so it had to come out. Lol

There is NO replacement for displacement. Quality 10's wont touch quality 15's now days. SQ or SPL.

Just tint your back windows hella dark and you should be pretty safe.

There is NO replacement for displacement. Quality 10's wont touch quality 15's now days. SQ or SPL.

I've herd 8s hit as hard as 12s. It just depends on quality and for most air space and box.
You put the old punch from Rockford 100watt to a new 800w Rockford and the old punch will still kick its but.

Yeah but fosgate died long ago lol. Id rather run a quality 15 than quality 10's anyday personally. If they are both the same good quality, the 15 will hit way more.

Yeah but fosgate died long ago lol. Id rather run a quality 15 than quality 10's anyday personally. If they are both the same good quality, the 15 will hit way more.

Lol i miss the good ol days where systems where in!
Here in Orlando systems have died by 95%
Some ppl lolz at me fir bumping my tunes but i dont care lol

I disagree. Yea the 15s will be louder, but you will never touch the range of a 10 with a 15. Their biggest pro (displacement) will always be their biggest con when attempting to hit some of the higher low frequencies for a sharper sound. The 13.5 was one of the oddest, but best speaker sizes ever. I'd put one JL w7 13.5 against any 15 on the market right now.

Agree to disagree then.

Lol i miss the good ol days where systems where in!
Here in Orlando systems have died by 95%
Some ppl lolz at me fir bumping my tunes but i dont care lol

I used to have a system in my Reg cab pickup crammed behind the seat, but I got out of that hobby when some $%%hole neighbor decided to rip off my stuff.

I could never prove it, but when you see the guy the very next day walking down the road with a plastic bag full of rattle can paint, you know what's up.

:(

Easy stuff to sell for a few bucks for sure, same as guns. Guns are probably the most stolen thing around my area. Be cool to booby trap your setup in your car so only you know about it.

I disagree. Yea the 15s will be louder, but you will never touch the range of a 10 with a 15. Their biggest pro (displacement) will always be their biggest con when attempting to hit some of the higher low frequencies for a sharper sound. The 13.5 was one of the oddest, but best speaker sizes ever. I'd put one JL w7 13.5 against any 15 on the market right now.

I know that JL series. That sub is no joke! My buddy has ONE with a 1000/1 amp and well.........your right i can't think on one 15 that can compete with that sub.

Anyway, what I bought today was a new front bulkhead for the rustler. :D

Alpine didnt you say you guys were getting M&P shields issued? Did you get it yet?

S&W Bodyguards. I already went through my inservice for this year and requaled with everything. They just started issuing them out this month, Soooooooo ill get one next year. It dont matter to me though, cuz i got my LCP (which i like better) and my G27 (Glock subcompact .40) that i carry as backups/offduty.

New Addition to the family

No, not a new kit, or RTR, made a visit to the local shelter for a new puppy.

Boxer/Border Collie mix. Meet "Daisy"

100_3736_zps18438afb.jpg

100_3737_zps2b3b8420.jpg

100_3748_zps33d72728.jpg

Back