The Orphan SCX

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i may just try that.

i need a wheelie bar too.......................

Wheelie bar? So much for scale. lol

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

i'm joking.

i will have to be careful with the trigger so i don't tear up the body. Gonna gear it 13/87 and adjust my throttle curve so the last 10% of throttle takes me from 70% to 100%

well i got the motor dropped in last night and it was funny because i went from a 55T geared 21/87 to a 4899kv motor geared 13/87 and there wasn't much of a difference. I jumped up my pinion to around an 18 (i just grabbed one) and now its pretty freakin sweet. It really isn't that fast (relatively) but its alot of fun. It cool to hear the slingers screech a little when i spin out in reverse. I ran it hard for about 5 minutes and then checked the temps. Esc was warm to the touch and the motor was a little hotter, maybe around 125ish. One i get the bugs worked out, i will put a full battery pack through it and see how it does.

Overall it makes for a very very cool trail truck.

I need to work on my front driveshaft this week and get it hooked back up. I am having output yoke issues with it.

Was it running those temps at full 4 locked, or in 2wd rear locked only?

Temps are guestimate. 2wd

remember that its only running 2S so my temps are going to be higher. I plan to go with 3 or 4 cells as soon as i get some cash together. I figure 4S and geared 13/87 should be perfect. i just checked 4S prices. :(

Last edited:
Video will be up shortly. Just so you know, this is a video with alot of trigger pulls. I could show you how it is practical to drive around but then all i would get is alot of "i thought it was brushless, break something" comments. This shows it has some torque and a little wheel speed. I never got it wide open but those slingers aren't the greatest high speed tires anyway.

Sorry about the body alpine. The damage wasn't too too bad.

5 minutes left on the upload

here it is. as soon as it gets done processing

Last edited by a moderator: