The Development of ⚕️ RigorMortis ⚕️

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think how cool you could do up an electric scooter, you could make it look like a knights steed, sit on it in a suit of armor and charge people with your lance. Bonus: you could be featured on the people of Walmart website! :celebrate:

Bonus: you could be featured on the people of Walmart website! :celebrate:
I'm pretty sure I already am 🤣
IMG952432.jpg

New shoes. Injora copper colored aluminum wheels with mud slinger tires copy. The wheels are really nice! The tires are pretty soft, but no where as soft and grippy as RC4WD's. The threads are also no where as tall as RC4WD.
I'd decided to go foamless. It was quite tricky trying to mount the tires onto the wheels. The tires sealed very well with wheels, so I vented all 4 tires.
The indoor crawl shuts a lot off potential, but we'll just have to wait and see how well they work outside, in its natural habitat.
Also installed brass steering knuckles and aluminum steering links.
0208222022.jpg
0208222023b.jpg

Today, I added brass hex extensions, taken from Redrum. I'm also retrying the Injora double barrel shocks, this time, in a different configuration, and only in the front.
RigorMortis is now running a full droop set-up. Initial indoor testing is promising!
I think I will keep the FMS/EazyRC tires. While these tires are decently soft, they are no where grippy like RC4WD. I am going to try SXT Slime tire conditioner to see if I can get them really grippy. I'm hearing really good things about this product.
Lastly, I rearranged the wirings to gets things more clean looking, and I added some stickers to make break up all that blackness.View attachment 140975View attachment 140976View attachment 140977View attachment 140978View attachment 140979View attachment 140980
Wow, that looks like it'll have a ton of suspension flex, the good kind! So you run full droop, thus it bottoms out on it's own weight, because there aren't any springs, so that you can get a super low CG and good climbing? And the suspension will go down when it meets ditches and stuff? Very cool build, and that chassis is suprisngly affordable!

@Xraycer Lookin' awesome! I love the copper rims. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours!!!

My chassis showed up yesterday, my wheels aren't scheduled til March, sure hope it's sooner mine are a different color than yours. I ordered Mud slingers, should be here soon. Got my shocks today. Have an Emax servo, have an Injora motor and Furitek ESC. Also have the Injora high clearance chassis links. Everything else will be stolen from Furbolt.

All my parts are for the Deadbolt, you said you didn't like the way it sat? Should have gotten the links for the chevy? It's bad enough there are no instructions with the chassis, at a quick glance it's literally like a chinese puzzle. I'm going to have to look at it again when I can concentrate, really look8ng forward to getting it assembled.

Wow, that looks like it'll have a ton of suspension flex, the good kind! So you run full droop, thus it bottoms out on it's own weight, because there aren't any springs, so that you can get a super low CG and good climbing? And the suspension will go down when it meets ditches and stuff?
Yes, to all the above!

I typically don't like the look of full droop on scale vehicles, but I do on this Injora chassis build.

Last edited:
@Xraycer Lookin' awesome! I love the copper rims. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours!!!

My chassis showed up yesterday, my wheels aren't scheduled til March, sure hope it's sooner mine are a different color than yours. I ordered Mud slingers, should be here soon. Got my shocks today. Have an Emax servo, have an Injora motor and Furitek ESC. Also have the Injora high clearance chassis links. Everything else will be stolen from Furbolt.

All my parts are for the Deadbolt, you said you didn't like the way it sat? Should have gotten the links for the chevy? It's bad enough there are no instructions with the chassis, at a quick glance it's literally like a chinese puzzle. I'm going to have to look at it again when I can concentrate, really look8ng forward to getting it assembled.
Thanks, J!

I'm really impressed with the quality of these Injora wheels! Just remember though that they do use Chinese screws, so be gentle and DO NOT overtighen. These are 1/24 crawlers, so no need to use anywhere near gorilla strength tightness. A bit of blue loktite will do. I'm probably gonna still pick up RC4WD Mud Slingers. The design and rubber compound is just outstanding! But, I'll see how these Injora tires fare.

If I recall, converting C-10 to Deadbolt will require different length driveshafts as well.

That instructionless chassis isn't really that bad. There are 2 cross bars and 4 flush mounted screws that goes on the roof. Everything else can be mounted wherever you want. There are a number of extra long screws which are, probably for the most part, for mounting the shocks. They just provided a ton of extra screws for whatever you wish to do. I'd probably only used about 1/4 of the parts provided.

The links and driveshafts on the Deadbolt and the Betty are the same lengths. And the C10 and Jeep are the same. The Gladiator has a 22mm longer wheelbase, so it has it's own I assume. Unless maybe it uses a combination of the longer links and driveshafts from the other trucks. I am curious to know if they came up with new molds for different lengths of these or are using the longer links and shafts. I just haven't researched it yet.

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with the quality of these Injora wheels! Just remember though that they do use Chinese screws, so be gentle and DO NOT overtighen.
I've got Injora wheels on "Ogre". Even the copper ones, just slightly different style. I haven't had any issues with the screws. I love their wheels! :)

The links and driveshafts on the Deadbolt and the Betty are the same lengths. And the C10 and Jeep are the same. The Gladiator has a 22mm longer wheelbase, so it has it's own I assume. Unless maybe it uses a combination of the longer links and driveshafts from the other trucks. I am curious to know if they came up with new molds for different lengths of these or are using the longer links and shafts. I just haven't researched it yet.
After quickly looking at the Axial website, it appears that the Gladiator uses slightly longer links and driveshafts, of the same design as previous models. Ok, so the Deadbolt and Betty share the same links and driveshafts, and the C10 and the Wranglers share the slightly longer ones (while the Gladiator obviously uses the longest of them all). I was wondering about the Betty and C10. I know that the Wrangler has the bigger tires (which the Gladiator most likely uses), but do the Betty and C10 use those bigger wheels too, or are both of them (tires) the Deadbolt size?

After quickly looking at the Axial website, it appears that the Gladiator uses slightly longer links and driveshafts, of the same design as previous models. Ok, so the Deadbolt and Betty share the same links and driveshafts, and the C10 and the Wranglers share the slightly longer ones (while the Gladiator obviously uses the longest of them all). I was wondering about the Betty and C10. I know that the Wrangler has the bigger tires (which the Gladiator most likely uses), but do the Betty and C10 use those bigger wheels too, or are both of them (tires) the Deadbolt size?
I don't know much the Betty, since I don't own one, but the whole the C10 and Jeep have the same links and driveshafts, the run different size tires. The C10 runs smaller tires, and the Jeep and Deadbolts run the same larger size tires.

I don't know much the Betty, since I don't own one, but the whole the C10 and Jeep have the same links and driveshafts, the run different size tires. The C10 runs smaller tires, and the Jeep and Deadbolts run the same larger size tires.
You don't have the Betty!? I thought you had at least one of every 1/24 crawler that exists...🤣🤣

I thought the Wrangler has slightly larger wheels that the Deadbolt. Y'all gonna have to start saying "Wrangler" and "Gladiator", as now there are 2 Jeeps!

You don't have the Betty!? I thought you had at least one of every 1/24 crawler that exists...🤣🤣

I thought the Wrangler has slightly larger wheels that the Deadbolt. Y'all gonna have to start saying "Wrangler" and "Gladiator", as now there are 2 Jeeps!
That Betty body just doesn't appeal to me. Too cartoony looking.