The Crawl Chronicles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Middlesex Fells Reservation 8/16/21

Got up this morning at 6am and it was 58°. Felt like a beautiful fall day. So much so, that I lit up the fire pit and enjoyed a cup of joe. Every meeting just start out this way!
With nothing on the "to do list" today, the plan was to get down to Middlesex Fells Reservation. I waited until 10am just to be sure that the Boston commuting traffic has cleared.
Today, I chose Habanero, with all it's new exterior bling. Last time I was here, I had Reaper, my SCX10iii, and it did awesome, and I honestly didn't expect Habanero to do just as well. Well, as I wrong! Habanero might have outperformed Reaper today. Clearing lines and obstacles I just didn't think it could. Another thing I love about this TRX4 platform is how smooth and quiet the brush motor and gearing is. Its like this thing is running a brushless system.
Today's crawl was nearly perfect. However, couldn't find that crazy near vertical wall I had found last time. I really wanted to see how high up Habanero could go. Next time!
View attachment 131055View attachment 131054View attachment 131056
View attachment 131058View attachment 131059View attachment 131060View attachment 131061View attachment 131062View attachment 131064View attachment 131065
Awesome as usual! Pic 8 - MADE IT!

You are the most hated person on my list right now...You suck more than you will ever know! I want your morning temperature, and crawl spot! Great shots, the Habster is lookin' good.

Seriously, glad you had a good session 😍 even if you suck! 🤣

You are the most hated person on my list right now...You suck more than you will ever know! I want your morning temperature, and crawl spot! Great shots, the Habster is lookin' good.

I secretly feel the same way 🤪🙋‍♂️

Listen, you have no idea how much pressure and how hard it actually is, to be this awesome!

Here's how I cope:
0816210726a.jpg

Middlesex Fells Reservation 8/16/21

Got up this morning at 6am and it was 58°. Felt like a beautiful fall day. So much so, that I lit up the fire pit and enjoyed a cup of joe. Every meeting just start out this way!
With nothing on the "to do list" today, the plan was to get down to Middlesex Fells Reservation. I waited until 10am just to be sure that the Boston commuting traffic has cleared.
Today, I chose Habanero, with all it's new exterior bling. Last time I was here, I had Reaper, my SCX10iii, and it did awesome, and I honestly didn't expect Habanero to do just as well. Well, as I wrong! Habanero might have outperformed Reaper today. Clearing lines and obstacles I just didn't think it could. Another thing I love about this TRX4 platform is how smooth and quiet the brush motor and gearing is. Its like this thing is running a brushless system.
Today's crawl was nearly perfect. However, couldn't find that crazy near vertical wall I had found last time. I really wanted to see how high up Habanero could go. Next time!
View attachment 131055View attachment 131054View attachment 131056
View attachment 131058View attachment 131059View attachment 131060View attachment 131061View attachment 131062View attachment 131064View attachment 131065
Dam man the fender is looking sweet and calm 😉 👍. Awesome spot to crawl man beautiful views and rock faces.That's spot reminds me of the rocky foothills in Boulder.. I loved taken hikes up them.. in the morning so silent and peaceful so miss liven out west.. so much better then dirty jersey...
Done!
Since @StonerRC365 is not here, we'll pick for him. He'll be Phoebe's slow half brother 🤣
Thanks its OK I have been slow this week 🤪😜🤦‍♂️ finally got the car running. After changing everything in the starting system..it was electrical which I'm not good at. But I was going to be on your side and agree it was nice out the other night here in jersey I will take some heat from they guys sorry... NO pun intended 🤣🤣🤣
20210731_204015.jpg

Last edited:
Dam man the fender is looking sweet and calm 😉 👍. Awesome spot to crawl man beautiful views and rock faces.That's spot reminds me of the rocky foothills in Boulder.. I loved taken hikes up them.. in the morning so silent and peaceful so miss liven out west.. so much better then dirty jersey...
Thanks, Bro! Yeah, this spot is incredible! I can't believe i have yet to see any other crawler here. I know there are other crawlers around the Boston area. Of course, I've only covered like 1% of this monster reserve.

Last edited:
Nice, Bro!

My fire pit is redneck chic 🙃

Just had a thought. If you include Honey in that circle, she may be less inclined to attack machineries 😸
She hates the smoke she just lays behind me on the floor or goes back in house LOL.. plus I don't think there's nothing that will stop her from attacking RCs or Vacs 🤣🤣🤣

Back