The Crawl Chronicles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those Hyrax knock-offs any good?
So far they seem a little hard, but super sticky. Once they break in I might add some weight.
I think I am gonna grab that Teku combo. Do you know what the stock spur and pinion is?
I don't remember. I've been using random pinions from dead servos

So a lot of these crawlers are old-school body's - is that just the body or is the rest of it old-school?

So a lot of these crawlers are old-school body's - is that just the body or is the rest of it old-school?
They are setup like a scale truck to some extent, but not really any era design as far as I know. You can put newer bodies on them if you want. The reason you don't see many newer bodies in RC is the licensing is too expensive.

The chassis can be built following any platform. There is tons of aftermarket parts available.
Finding a wider range of bodies is the hard part. There is several to choose from but pretty much the same style.
I've been looking high and low for a Toyota Tundra and build it to match my actual truck.
As @WickedFog mentioned, some are getting pretty spendy.

They are setup like a scale truck to some extent, but not really any era design as far as I know. You can put newer bodies on them if you want. The reason you don't see many newer bodies in RC is the licensing is too expensive.
Not just old school bodies.
Here are a couple of RTR with late model bodies
92076-4_RED.jpg

0724210711d.jpg

Mine Falls Park 8/2/21

I got today off, so I'm hitting a new place about 25min away. The place was pretty dang busy for a Monday. Doesn't anybody work any more?!
Fortunately, nearly everyone was staying on the main trail. I diverted onto the single trail towards the river. Jackpot, tons of crawling features, and the scenery was beautiful!
0802211058a.jpg
0802211100c.jpg
0802211031b.jpg
0802211008a.jpg
0802211001a.jpg
0802211002.jpg
0802210951a_HDR.jpg
0802210959a.jpg
0802211012a.jpg

Finally got this one sotmewhat close to being finished. I am not happy at all with the body. It said if fits the SCX10 ll but no way in hell it fit. I had to dissect between the front seats and a little section of the passenger seat because the trans was in the road.
I had to remove the stock battery mount and I'll have to order something else that will work.
I also need a esc mount and receiver box because I had to move everything to get it to work.
It looks decent and the body is solid but pain in the arse to put together. It was an unassembled kit with no instructions. No problem figuring out what goes where but the issue was, when to install it..:mad: . You can see the servo hanging down so I'll order a mount for that also. What a mess it was.
Six or seven different size screws and no way of knowing which ones to use.
I'll finish it as soon as some more parts come in.

IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1120.JPG

Finally got this one sotmewhat close to being finished. I am not happy at all with the body. It said if fits the SCX10 ll but no way in hell it fit. I had to dissect between the front seats and a little section of the passenger seat because the trans was in the road.
I had to remove the stock battery mount and I'll have to order something else that will work.
I also need a esc mount and receiver box because I had to move everything to get it to work.
It looks decent and the body is solid but pain in the arse to put together. It was an unassembled kit with no instructions. No problem figuring out what goes where but the issue was, when to install it..:mad: . You can see the servo hanging down so I'll order a mount for that also. What a mess it was.

View attachment 130451View attachment 130452
On the plus side, it looks AMAZING! Killer build man.
Mine Falls Park 8/2/21

I got today off, so I'm hitting a new place about 25min away. The place was pretty dang busy for a Monday. Doesn't anybody work any more?!
Fortunately, nearly everyone was staying on the main trail. I diverted onto the single trail towards the river. Jackpot, tons of crawling features, and the scenery was beautiful!
View attachment 130415View attachment 130416View attachment 130417View attachment 130418View attachment 130419View attachment 130420View attachment 130421View attachment 130422View attachment 130423
Excellent looking spot there! So jealous!

Thanks Doom. It is an awesome kit but not so awesome making it work.

View attachment 130451View attachment 130452
I probably would have sent it back.
Kudos to you for persevering because it does look sweet!

Thanks. Honestly, I really hate sending packages back. Don't know why that is.

Excellent looking spot there! So jealous!
Way too many people for preference!
.....but, I may head back fine point with a fishing rod. There's also a large body of water on the other side of the dam, that I would like to explore with my kayak.
Thanks. Honestly, I really hate sending packages back. Don't know why that is.
Usually, I would too. However, what I love about Amazon is how easy it is to return a lot of the stuff. I love the option of just dropping it off at Kohl's: no repackaging, no return labels.

I like that idea myself but I am an hour or more from Kohl's. I have no problem with it now. I added all the accessories like fuel cans, high lift jack, shovel, axe and hoe set, plus a tow chain, and fire extinquisher. It actually looks pretty good.

I like that idea myself but I am an hour or more from Kohl's. I have no problem with it now. I added all the accessories like fuel cans, high lift jack, shovel, axe and hoe set, plus a tow chain, and fire extinquisher. It actually looks pretty good.
:nopics:

Man those rigs are SWEET!!! GuYS Awesome builds
. The new jeep body with open doors is sick.😍
And the skull punisher wheel cover is awesome.
Nicely done gents 👍👍👍😍😍😍

Back