tekno Brushless conversion...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mallanaga

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
prolly won't be too much interest... BUT...

http://www.teknorc.com/product_info.php?products_id=935

TKR4001-motor_side_01.jpg

Thats frigin sweet! More money then id spend but nice non the less.

Bryson

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I like it.

I like it as well but dont think the trany can take the abuse.
There is also a LOT of weight on the right side rear of center with the BRICK you will need for a battery.

If your not going to install a SUPER high torque setup it just may be the ticket for a inexpensive conversion.

Don't be bursting my bubble.

150 bucks for just the mounting hardware? is it me or is that way pricey?

Price seems reasonable to me as well for what you get.

150 bucks for just the mounting hardware? is it me or is that way pricey?

Well, unfortunately it really isn't. Most conversions are overpriced, IMO. I think if you compare the parts with like size parts of the same material and same degree of complexity to manufacture as other "dime a dozen" parts on the market you might find that a more reasonable price would be $100-120. The thing is about conversions is that they are NOT a dime a dozen kits. Everybody and their mother makes an aluminum arm for a Mini-T, not very many companies making aluminum motor mounts for brushless motors in Revos. Supply and demand. Free market at its finest.

Last edited:
check it out too... this thing has a clutch for the electric motor... the Patent pending Elektri-Clutch...

interesting...

all depends on the motor you get and how many cells you're running. the gearing is a huge factor as well...

the skies the limit!!!

Remember that with the increased torque and power of some brushless motors, you will need to upgrade the diffs and tranny.

I'd like to see a video of this bad boy in action!

-Michael

The e-conversion seems pretty inexpensive for what you get. I'm interested in learning about the electric clutch set-up. From an "armchair engineering" standpoint, if it uses conventional nitro springs/shoes/ and clutchbell, the clutch engagement would become later and later as the battery is discharged. I also see the mechanical brakes as a crutch. It will allow folks to throw any power system in there regardless of quality and make it run. Maybe not run well but at least they won't be burning up ESCs if they don't do their homework.

IMO a well thought out electric conversion does not need mechanical brakes or a separate clutch. The Tekno kit is going to bring e-conversions to the masses and that is a good thing.

anyone now the max speed with brushless on the revo??

Probably faster than you can control and faster than the limits of the tires and suspension.

Last edited:
I will still be sticking to my original plan of converting my Revo using the Gorilla chassis for next race season.

I would like to see this conversion in person though. Tekno makes quality stuff.