Tekno MT410 Kit Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07a

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've read everything I could find about the Tekno MT410 kit and I'm thinking about doing one. I've read that there are upgrades available for it, but I haven't found any info about what upgrades are available. So...if somebody could help me out here...

What upgrades are available? Are there any upgrades that it'd make sense to include in the initial building of the kit?

I'm interested in building the most robust and durable vehicle I can manage, preferably with maximum possible acceleration, speed and power for this type of vehicle. Intended use will be general off-road bashing. I don't see myself getting into racing (but who knows?). If I go this route, I'm going to break my piggy bank and budget won't be an issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tekno themselves and M2C Racing make the best upgrades available for the mt410 except for the M2C diff cups. Myself and a slew of others have had issues with them so I would get the Tekno diff cups.

As far as what to get I would get the M2C chassis brace set, the Tekno tini shock shafts, Tekno aluminum shock caps and Tekno delrin shock guides. If you want to go super crazy you can get the M2C chassis, M2C shock towers and M2C cvds.

I love the MT410... I run mine on 4s with a castle 2200kv motor and that thing will do standing backflips with Dboots backflip tires.

Tekno themselves and M2C Racing make the best upgrades available for the mt410 except for the M2C diff cups. Myself and a slew of others have had issues with them so I would get the Tekno diff cups.

As far as what to get I would get the M2C chassis brace set, the Tekno tini shock shafts, Tekno aluminum shock caps and Tekno delrin shock guides. If you want to go super crazy you can get the M2C chassis, M2C shock towers and M2C cvds.
Thanks for the tips. I've looked at all the M2C products and I'm somewhere between impressed and overpowered. Their chassis, brace and shock tower system is a great-looking set, but the cost is a tough nut to crack. Does that system really upgrade the original Tekno kit to a level that's worth that kind of investment? I don't yet know anywhere near enough to know if this system is truly worth the $$ or if it's just an exercise in going over the top for the sake of going over the top without any really "game-changing" improvements.

I'm interested in building an MT410 that'll be as robust and durable for general off-road bashing as I can make it without wasting money, but the M2C chassis/brace/tower system price tags are making decision-making difficult for me.

I say build it, bash it, and see what parts break and upgrade as you go. No point of wasting money if you don't need too. All I upgraded on mine is aluminum servo horn and aluminum shock caps. I also shoe goo/ drywall tape my bodies. This truck is pretty robust straight out of the gate.
For the price of the m2c set, you could build another mt410 roller

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. I've looked at all the M2C products and I'm somewhere between impressed and overpowered. Their chassis, brace and shock tower system is a great-looking set, but the cost is a tough nut to crack. Does that system really upgrade the original Tekno kit to a level that's worth that kind of investment? I don't yet know anywhere near enough to know if this system is truly worth the $$ or if it's just an exercise in going over the top for the sake of going over the top without any really "game-changing" improvements.

I'm interested in building an MT410 that'll be as robust and durable for general off-road bashing as I can make it without wasting money, but the M2C chassis/brace/tower system price tags are making decision-making difficult for me.

I keep forgetting that the MT10 is shorter than the Et48.3 so the rear brace kit isn't really necessary. The chassis stiffener may still be a good idea as it is only about $40 and maybe the rear chassis brace. No need for the M2C chassis at all unless you want or need the wider chassis.
I say build it, bash it, and see what parts break and upgrade as you go. No point of wasting money if you don't need too. All I upgraded on mine is aluminum servo horn and aluminum shock caps. I also shoe goo/ drywall tape my bodies. This truck is pretty robust straight out of the gate.
For the price of the m2c set, you could build another mt410 roller

Steel spur is usually a good idea as well. I see a lot of people strip the plastic one.

Very good choice I have 2 mt410 they are very versatile. You should consider getting one. Built with the right configuration and upgrades and you'll have yourself a little 60mph rolling tank.

I have plenty of the m2c upgrades and I can promise you they truck is a beast unbreakable you'll for sure have fun in the process of building it and using it. Good luck hope you enjoy

Back