Tekno RC SCT410.3 1/10th 4WD Short Course Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention it here, but for those considering a new SCT, Tekno RC is not replacing their "wildly popular SCT410.3 short course truck, which has been a favorite among racers and RC enthusiasts for almost eight years. Instead, the SCT410SL is a lightweight alternative to the SCT410.3 and is designed for use on racetracks where enhanced agility and a lighter vehicle are advantageous."

With the price of the SCT410.3 kit dropping during the past year, people were getting upset/an uneasy feeling because they had just bought the SCT410.3 kit. A lot of places were out of stock at the time of the SCT410SL release... everyone (including me) thought for sure Tekno was going to discontinue the "old faithful" SCT410.3 platform. Nope. Both SCTs are being sold side by side. :celebrate:

I forgot to mention it here, but for those considering a new SCT, Tekno RC is not replacing their "wildly popular SCT410.3 short course truck, which has been a favorite among racers and RC enthusiasts for almost eight years. Instead, the SCT410SL is a lightweight alternative to the SCT410.3 and is designed for use on racetracks where enhanced agility and a lighter vehicle are advantageous."

With the price of the SCT410.3 kit dropping during the past year, people were getting upset/an uneasy feeling because they had just bought the SCT410.3 kit. A lot of places were out of stock at the time of the SCT410SL release... everyone (including me) thought for sure Tekno was going to discontinue the "old faithful" SCT410.3 platform. Nope. Both SCTs are being sold side by side. :celebrate:
The SCT410.3 is now under Tekno's "Legacy" list of RCs...
1683481349147.png

spongebob-walk.gif

+3 Wheels

Got some JConcepts Hazards +3 wheels today, and it's a go... the wheel rubbing is gone. I don't know how anyone uses "0" offset wheels on the SCT. I didn't even have full steering throw in the left picture. Sure, the "0" offset wheels might be okay in most situations, but I know I'll be asking the SCT410.3 for everything she's got (full droop) in order to tackle the rough terrain outback here in Central PA.
1710789654653.png

Last edited:
Just when you think you have things figured out, you get another obstacle thrown at you to over come. Well, in my case, it was those Hazard +3 wheels and their webbing just wouldn't clear the rear outer hinge pin nuts.🤷‍♂️
IMG_20240322_172651661_HDR.jpg

I ain't too proud to show my Dremeling woes on what I needed to do to get the wheels to work. :inpain: 🤷‍♂️😁

Just when you think you have things figured out, you get another obstacle thrown at you to over come. Well, in my case, it was those Hazard +3 wheels and their webbing just wouldn't clear the rear outer hinge pin nuts.🤷‍♂️
View attachment 185937
I ain't too proud to show my Dremeling woes on what I needed to do to get the wheels to work. :inpain: 🤷‍♂️😁
Dang…..I’m pretty sure I have those wheels but not mounted up yet. Does Tekno offer hex wideners for the sct?

View attachment 185937
Weird... There are several "Hazard" model options but only 3352B is show compatible with Tekno SCT. What part number are your wheels?

Weird... There are several "Hazard" model options but only 3352B is show compatible with Tekno SCT. What part number are your wheels?
The Harzard wheels I have on the SCT410.3 are the +3. It's just JConcept's webbing on that one particular area on the Hazard wheels that needs "trimmed". I have a set of ProLine Slash 4x4 offset (+9mm) and they are fine on the SCT410.3 platform... they just would create too much body rubbing.

Back