TEAM Integy Quality

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RPM replaces their broken parts for free.

they do, eh?

yes, you simply send them your parts with a short explanation as to why you think the part failed and if they agree that the parts failed for reasons not due to modification or something they don't warranty, they will ship you replacements. I've done it before a couple times. No problems.

a professional basher? That's funny. Aluminum is out and HD plastic is in. I'm a racer though, I don't bash. When racing, you want as few metal parts as possible. They add unnecessary weight and they bend instead of flexing. Integy has a bad rap for sure. The only thing I've owned from Integy with which I was not disappointed was a 4-way tool. I'm not sure why you'd want a 16lb rig with bling for anything other than the shelf.

Just my .02

not looking for bling...lol
i wanted something different and durable.. i figured metals would be stronger than nylon/plastic. i'm new into this hobby...

Integy is no good. I have integy read buldheads on my maxx and the tie rod hole is stripped on first day. I bought a set of Integy beadlock rims & tires. The first 5 mintues the rims broke, and I wasn't even jumping. I called them up and told them the problem. They told me if the part wasn't installed then they would replace it. I told Integy how it broke in the first 5 minutes and they basically said oh well. So I gave them an ear full!!!

Integy is no good. I have integy read buldheads on my maxx and the tie rod hole is stripped on first day. I bought a set of Integy beadlock rims & tires. The first 5 mintues the rims broke, and I wasn't even jumping. I called them up and told them the problem. They told me if the part wasn't installed then they would replace it. I told Integy how it broke in the first 5 minutes and they basically said oh well. So I gave them an ear full!!!

case in point---it looks good, but it's no good

uh oh?!?!

hey everyone. well, came across this thread and i hope that i'm not in trouble. over here in iraq and just got my tmaxx about a month ago. after the break-in, ofcourse i had to try and see what this thing was made of. well, i ended up breaking one of the rear lower arms. so after looking around on the net i decided to go with integy. but, now i see all of the posts on here. i know, i should have dug a little deeper. but the fact is, is that my new sus. will be here any day. i decided to go ahead and upgrade all of the bulk heads and the upper and lower sus. all the way around. please someone tell me that i made a good choice with integy. i'm hoping that i don't get out there and tear it up right away. also if anyone has any tips on installing and/or adjusting it.

Integy uses really low quality aluminum and they just put a nice finish over it to catch your eye. if you want to get aluminum make sure that you get machined.
I personally am running RPM on my maxx and have not had a problem yet the last 2 years and like it has been said; if something does break they are really good with replacing the parts if they do fail on you.

How has Integy managed to stay in business this long if there stuff is almost always crap? i dont know.

How has Integy managed to stay in business this long if there stuff is almost always crap? i dont know.

Integy has managed to stay in business for so long because there are a lot of parts that they make that can be used for dress up without failing. But the main reason is because people who are very new to the RC community have no clue when it comes to how the parts on there vehicles work. Another reason that they are still around is because they are so cheap and people don't mind taking chances. They would rather save a buck then actually pay for an item that has the necessary engineering put into it.

I personally like a good mix of materials. I prefer plastic in high impact and fatigued areas because plastic can flex without breaking in a lot of cases, but also will go with high tensile metals when it comes to other odds and ends.

Last edited: