Team Associated MGT 8.0 4-Shoe Clutch Help!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highballer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm trying to install the clutch shoes on an Monster GT 8.0 motor. I cannot figure out how to attach the springs properly to hold the shoes in. I have installed clutch shoes that have the groove on the outside of the shoe before, but I can't figure this one out and Team Associated is no help at all, their documentation only shows a primitive drawing of the clutch without the shoes installed. If someone can give me instructions and maybe a photo of
the shoes and springs installed, I would appreciate it. (This is a new build, I did not disassemble the clutch, so I have no idea what it looks like assembled) Thank you
. s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 577
Thank you very much, that is how I had them but they must be bent out of shape. This is a big help for me, Thanks again. Yes, those shoes sure are worn....

Got it, installed and made first break in run with the new motor, clutch and everything else is working fine. This is an MGT 4.6 to MGT 8.0 conversion, looks like it will work fine. Thanks again.