Surely the Mad Force is Better than the Savage SS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshiestevens

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Surely the Mad Force is Better than the Savage SS because it comes with reverse and its faster.

What actually is the diffference in speed, and is the the mad force fast. Also, how easy is the mad force kit and is it suited for a beginner.

Josh

if all you are looking for is speed and reverse sure that truck is better, but for most of us there are a lot more aspects to a good rc than having reverse and a faster top speed.

Which is more reliable, durable etc

Josh

Unless someone here owns both trucks and have driven them both extensively, you will not get an un-biased answer. Savage guys will say the Savage is best. Mad Forces will sat theirs is best. Your best bet is to do your own research and come up with your own conclusions.

the mad force has no reverse or option for it, i have both and the mad force kicks the savages ass. mad force is more durable, easier to work on, and much much faster. my mad force with the stock engine will smoke my savage with a 24.7 pro in it. i would say the only thing the savage is better at is the fact that you can push it into a turn farther without it flipping( as long as you dont turn the mad force at speed, it is damn stable)

how many mph faster is the mf than savage. Also, is it easy to wheely. i mean, I want to be able to press full throttle from stand atill, and it go upto full speed without wheelying.

Also, is the instruction manulal for the mf easy and in english. Easier than savage?

Josh

the mad force i built to wheely, it will stand tall through all 3 gears, that is why it has a huge wheely bar on it ( if you roll on the throttle it will just take off very agresivly, with all 4 wheels on the ground). i have never seen a stock savage, even the 25 wheely. i would say the mad force beats it in speed by a good 10-15 mph. the manual is very easy to read, lots of pics, but there is alot of japanese writting in it but it is all translated into english so it isnt a problem to read. it also has a seperate manual for the engine and upgrade parts, very cool.

Mad Force is fast as all hell and will wheelie all day long on command if thats what you are after.

If I wanto to go really fast and not wheely what do I do

Change the gearing or buy a Savage hehehe

No matter what, you can get both the Savage AND the Mad Force to go very fast and you can get both of them to wheelie.

The mad force out of the box can do both while the Savage come close to wheelie but goes fast. To me the Savage does exactly what I want it to do.

They are both great rides. And you can't go wrong with either one. Just check your LHS to what they carry parts for.

Sav. vs Mad.

They are totally different trucks. Solid axle vs. independent suspension. The Mad is is probably 15-20% lighter, 3 speed tranny (chain driven). I personally have never seen a Mad run but before you go over heels about the Mad ask how many guys would trade their Savage for a Mad Force that have experience with them.

I've had the savage and the mad force. a savage with a .25 will pull the wheels up if it has a stiff rear. the mad force will always wheelie. even with the extended chassis it will pull the wheels up time and time a gain , and go through all 3 gears in a wheelie.

if you're looking for "sports" handling, i say go with a savage, it takes jumps better, and handles better thanks to the independent suspension, and the smaller tires (the MF tires are a little too big to drive like a sports car) its also slightly difficult to work on if you're new to it, but easily picked up

if you're looking for real monster truck driving, go with the mad. the huge tires, the solid axles and big wheelies make this the most monster truckable of rc monster trucks. the steering has some slop in it (that you can see while its wheelying), but that is easily fixxed. the big fat tires are super cool, and make the truck look bigger then it really is. the MF is also really easy to wrench on and super durable because there really isnt a whole lot to it. everything is easy to get to, and its also just as durable as any savage out there.

hope i helped

Late reply...

Got a TR-15, but gunna upgrade cos it takes no beating whatsoever. There are mad force parts in every HS around the Uk, so parts isnt a problem, and besides I live 20 mins from the UK importer. The thing I am not to keen on is the wheelying. I dont want it to wheelie all the time, because I am sure it gets super annoying if you want to do a straight race or something, and if you are taking it off road, and there are rocks and things and it is unstable, wheelying will make it harder to control

Just how easily does it wheely, and also I am getting differrent opinions, does it have 3 foward gears, or one reverse. Also, is a kit a lot harder with 3 gears than a kit with only 1.

Josh

I know, but it doesn't show how easily it wheelies. I would like to see videos of people jamming on the trottle nd tings, or videos showing how slow you need to accelerat

I know, but it doesn't show how easily it wheelies. I would like to see videos of people jamming on the trottle nd tings, or videos showing how slow you need to accelerate to keep all 4 wheels on the ground.

Josh

It must be pretty easy to wheely if the engineerers who designed it spent the extra time and money to include a wheely bar on it in stock form.

kyosho makes good trucks buggies etc. but if the mad force was so great it would be the industry leader and rank in the top in sales and i dont think they sell a 1/4 of the amount of savages sold a good trucks sells it self, great truck for a wheelie contest,but for me i hate wheelies all it causes in broken scratched up parts and gotta go flipper it over 50 yards across a park, also parts are not as avalible here in fact no one carrys them here not even the truck!! so this must tell you something

Last edited:
I've just bought a mad on monday and it doesn't wheelie! it just spins all four wheels, (i've lowered the thing 15mm) Two things though A: don't brake too hard, B: don't corner too hard. cos either way you'll end up on your roof!

Back