Steering Servo Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snmhanson

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've got an RC10GT which I've run about seven or eight times so far. The steering seemed to work well at first but recently the steering servo has been returning to a slightly different neutral point depending on whether I turn left or right. This of course makes it somewhat difficult to keep the car going straight and I end up having to make constant small adjustments to my steering. I had a basic Futaba servo in there when the problem started and I just switched to a high torque steel geared servo and the problem is still persisting. I also hear kind of a glitching sound whenever the servo is being operated, even if I only barely touch the wheel. I am using the original steering linkage that came with the car but I do have a MIP Zero Maintainence steering upgrade on the way. Any ideas what is causing this? Thanks for any help.

Matt

glitching is most likely the prob do a search here about how to fix glitching and u could probly take it apart and clean it use some compressed air to blow away all the crap and a small bit of oil couldnt hurt.

If you replaced the servo, and you still have the same problem, it's likely a receiver issue or a bad servo saver.

Back