screw that attaches the steering servo keeps coming loose

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecremeegg

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I've just bought my first RC car second hand, it's a TT02 and it's great fun.
However, it has a problem in that the screw that attaches the steering servo to the steering arm things keeps working loose.

It looks like the previous owner has mounted the servo too far back and perhaps the angle is causing problems?

If so, I guess I just need to move everything backwards?

Any help appreciated, and please bear in mind I'm a complete novice hah.

Thanks

20230731_194656.jpg

20230731_194401.jpg

I choose to place a couple of spacers with a socket cap screw to get it somewhat aligned, not perfect but close enough for me, if the plastic were to strip out then I'd make sure the socket cap screw was long enough to be backed with a nylon lock nut on the other end ;)

1690836507904.png

Thanks guys. Where did you get those little spacers from can I ask as if I search I just get ones with 2 holes in?

Thanks guys. Where did you get those little spacers from can I ask as if I search I just get ones with 2 holes in?

I don't remember where I got the spacers pictured above but you can find any size you need on AMain, just measure the distance you need with the linkage aligned up and go from there as every servo and servo arm will be slightly different:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-knk-3x3mm-aluminum-spacers-25-knk3x3alsp/p716319

Only reason I didn't place another spacer was because I wanted the threads of the screw to go all the way through the plastic for the size screw I had available, but if I wanted to do it right I would use a longer screw with another spacer to get it perfectly lined up ;)

my answer might suck and get crucified but i had this issue, i looked for the part tree it was on and ordered it since Tamiya sells them. and it fixed my problem too, it was stripped out. its just cheap plastic. so dont UGGA DUGGA it too much lol :p

I don't remember where I got the spacers pictured above but you can find any size you need on AMain, just measure the distance you need with the linkage aligned up and go from there as every servo and servo arm will be slightly different:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-knk-3x3mm-aluminum-spacers-25-knk3x3alsp/p716319

Only reason I didn't place another spacer was because I wanted the threads of the screw to go all the way through the plastic for the size screw I had available, but if I wanted to do it right I would use a longer screw with another spacer to get it perfectly lined up ;)

I like these as they have a few different thicknesses.

All depends on which end you want to focus on. I probably would find appropriate servo horn, one with no offset, to lessen the linkage angle. All kinds of servo horns to choose from. The ones in the picture below are just for examples.
1691321248994.png

All depends on which end you want to focus on. I probably would find appropriate servo horn, one with no offset, to lessen the linkage angle. All kinds of servo horns to choose from. The ones in the picture below are just for examples.
View attachment 169698

This would be a much better solution thanks, I found this ProTek horn here which was recommended for my Caster Buggy which had similar clearance issues on their design as well:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...ervo-horn-black-25tprotek-ptk-7819-bk/p292307