You're a JERK (SERVO)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggyboi69

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm having a problem with my 74.1
The servo I have is from an rb10 I had sitting in a drawer. It's a reedy I believe.

What happens is when I get up to speed and try to give slight steering inputs it just JERKS and goes hard in that direction for longer than usual.

When it is sitting in neutral it responded just fine. Only at speed does this happen.

Its borderline uncontrollable.

Any ideas?

PS: I only used the rtr Rx and trans just to check for function. I am of course upgrading. I'm somewhat new and what to get a better understanding of what's going on
Also it's a reedy 1523 and I'm pretty sure I have the DVC on the RX off

any chance you're bypassing the BEC and running the servo on HV from the battery?

I've experienced a similar issue with a poor wiring sequence as shown here:

I've also experienced a similar issue with a loose servo connector, the fix was pressing the servo wire deeper into the Rx:

any chance you're bypassing the BEC and running the servo on HV from the battery?

I've experienced a similar issue with a poor wiring sequence as shown here:

I've also experienced a similar issue with a loose servo connector, the fix was pressing the servo wire deeper into the Rx:

I just looked at the videos. It's not that extreme. It's fine with just throttle. No direction change. Its when normal steering it taking place. There is no such thing as a slight turn.

no BEC

Last edited:
Is there a servo saver on the car? If so, is it set really weak? How hard is it for you to turn the steering manually? Does it seem really weak? If so, maybe just the force of steering into a curve is causing the wheels to turn.

Does it seem really weak? If so, maybe just the force of steering into a curve is causing the wheels to turn.
What I would probably do.
replace servo.
Or that. I use this Xpert 4000 in my .1D. Has plenty of speed and torque. Power HD B4 is a good servo. Savox has some nice servos. Tekin has nice servos aswell. Futaba is very very pricey but they are programmable. If your looking for a cheap servo than amazon 20kg or 35kg servos are nice servos. I have no idea about what reedy servos are out there.

Is there a servo saver on the car? If so, is it set really weak? How hard is it for you to turn the steering manually? Does it seem really weak? If so, maybe just the force of steering into a curve is causing the wheels to turn.

Along the similar lines, I have found it necessary to replace weak servo savers with a solid arm or simply glue the saver to prevent steering slop in tight corners with high traction.

Without seeing the car in person or some form of video demonstrating the problem it will be difficult to address.

1) Check wiring
2) Swap known good parts in following order( battery, servo, Rx, motor, ESC)... process of elimination is key

*** Also note that if you are mix matching electronics for the first time, there may be incompatibles... some radios only support digital servos as an example so if your servo is analog then that may be the issue. Check your radio and ESC settings, some ESC's are not compatible with some brands of servos as well, so when swapping parts, try to mix match brands until you get a good combo that works.

Last edited:
You guys are the best

Back