Motor slowing down when steering right

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdog

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My vintage cat has just had a new motor and new ESC. The problem is that it displays a rather strange characteristic of losing power whenever I steer right, the left steer function makes no difference to speed at all. Any ideas as to what is happening, and what I can do about it.

My vintage cat has just had a new motor and new ESC. The problem is that it displays a rather strange characteristic of losing power whenever I steer right, the left steer function makes no difference to speed at all. Any ideas as to what is happening, and what I can do about it.
Try a new/different servo. Sometimes when a servo is failing or failed it can wreak havoc on the other electronics.

+1
I have seen cases where older analog servos are not compatible with newer ESC's, if you decide to swap out the servo, be sure it's a digital servo.

Also check for loose connections, a frayed signal wire can cause sorts of issues with the Rx.

Good Luck!

Try a new/different servo. Sometimes when a servo is failing or failed it can wreak havoc on the other electronics.
Well thanks for the reply. I think given the servo age (33yrs), I am very happy to source another. Got any suggestions about what would do the job? The ESC is a hoobywings, the receiver is a Futaba (also 33yrs old), and the moto is a 1060 brushed. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Well thanks for the reply. I think given the servo age (33yrs), I am very happy to source another. Got any suggestions about what would do the job? The ESC is a hoobywings, the receiver is a Futaba (also 33yrs old), and the moto is a 1060 brushed. Any suggestions are most welcome.
For a servo Id either go for JX, Savox, or Hitec depending on your budget. Id also recommend upgrading your transmitter and receiver. Something from Flysky for a budget radio system or a newer Futaba.