Starter Box Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleepy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I bought a starter box off ebay and it needed a battery, i got the battery and connected it up, first time I got my car started but then second time it wouldnt budge, i tryed it over and over again checked what i was doing everything was fine, apart from there was an electrical smell, like a burnt out motor smell, how much voltage are you supposed to put into a starter box coz evedentally I must have blown the motor? :constipat

Which box is it? What engine are you trying to start with it? We need more info in order to help you figure it out.

Which box is it? What engine are you trying to start with it? We need more info in order to help you figure it out.

ENGINE

Reference : 01005-WS7
Contents: 3.49 cc
Bore: 16.42mm
Stroke: 16.42mm
Porting intake: 7
Porting exhaust: 1
Crankshaft: SPT/SG 13mm Bi-Turbo Buggy + RB CONCEPT COATING
Carburetor: Slide Composite 9mm with removable Venturi 8mm
Glowplug: Normal #01056-6
Weight: 370 Gr.
Use: Buggy

:constipat :puke:

STARTER

X1CR Competition Racer

BATTERY

BOSCH Silver 12V, 600A

:puke::constipat

Last edited:
Check all the starter box wiring and make sure it's not shorting out on anything metal......
is the battery new?
is it blistering since you used it?
did you give it a full charge? usually takes 12 hours if they are new....
if you use a new pack with very little charge you can damage the cells by pulling to much current.......

Problem sorted, Plastic tubing on the spring melted, but a bit of handy work with a hack saw did the trick, no its workin better than ever.