Stampede VXL or ESavage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowisthefastes

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well as the title says, I am looking to buying one of the two above mentioned trucks. I am new to RC and want something to rip around outside with and like the big trucks. I will drive it in grass, dirt, rock, driveway, sand. I will never take it to a track. I am sure for awhile both would do just fine but is there anything that would make you pick one over the other that I am overlooking. I have to say I am leaning towards the Stampede VXL but do not necessarily have a solid reason for it. Is one more durable? Easier to upgrade, easier to make faster. I want something I can play with anytime I want, will be durable, and is fast. Let me know your opinions. Thanks for the help in deciding.

The E Savage is a mean machine. Just as durable as the nitro version without the maintenance. Just charge and run.
It's also easy to upgrade to a vicious brushless setup when you want to step it up a notch.

So you would go with the E savage? What makes it better? I was thinking the Stampede VXL would be the way to go since it already has brushless. Thanks for the help and ideas.

For what you want to do either truck should be a lot of fun, One advantage with the stampede is that is brushless, just add a lopo battery and a lipo charger if you don't already have one, and you are good to go, The Revo has it's advantages to, it is 4WD which will allow you to go more places, and I believe it will also handle better, and has water resistant electronis, the only problem is that it requires 2 batteries to run it and you would have to upgrade it to brushless later on if you felt the need...personally I like the E Revo better then the Stampede, and you might also check out E Maxx

If I went 4 wheel drive would the logical choice in order be the ERevo, then ESavage, then the EMaxx? Anyone like one significantly better than the others?Or better yet is one worse or not as durable and or fast?

If I went 4 wheel drive would the logical choice in order be the ERevo, then ESavage, then the EMaxx? Anyone like one significantly better than the others?Or better yet is one worse or not as durable and or fast?

Go to the Taxxas web site and you can watch videos and look at pics of both the E Revo and E Maxx. www.traxxas.com
then click on videos and then click on electric.

Last edited:
well i have a stampede vxl and i have to say it is fast. I run it with a 9 cell nimh. I also just got a savage xl. There is no comparison between the two.The savage is way way way tougher... not faster... unless you went brushless wich would be insane. Dual brushless savage would be crazy.Also since I've had my pede I've broken so many parts, and done alot of upgrades, the truck is pretty unstable, especially when moving 50mph. Go on youtube and watch the two truck savages do the crazyest jumping and bashing, if i could go back in time i think i would have gotten a rustler vxl instead, its much more stable and can do everything els the pede can.

Traxxas keeps hobbie stores in buisness. if you get a pede it will break over and over,one thing that pissed me of w/pede is the rear body mount is really weak, when i was bashing with it i broke at least 8 of them. I fixed thhat problem by making my own. Now i have tuned it for speed on the streets and ill say that i love the thing but if your lookin for something that can take real heavy abuse the savage stands alone. If i only knew then what i know now.Either way research as much a possible, and then have fun : )

I have a esavage and recommend it for anyone who wants a electric basher.

i say e-savage as well. if you are looking at either the e-savage or stampede, getting a e-revo running probably isn't in your budget. I say get the e-savage sport, a set of quality batteries, a good charger, and some extra driveshafts.

I love traxxas stuff but if that were my two choices then I would go with the E-Savag hands down! ;)

you can make it look like this too.
cell phone pic but you get the idea.

IMG00882.gif

IMG00883.gif

Before you decide check out the Losi High Roller.

2zhnrl4.jpg

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0103

Just recently released and one tough looking truck. A lot more "scale" than the competetion as well, at least IMO. I will tell you Losi makes some quality rigs.

Not trying to push you into one--just giving you another option. Kinda like picking a girl--do I go blond, readhead, brunette...

Last edited:
Nice rig flm savage, those shocks look bloody fat, nice rims aswell haha

the high roller is ok IMO. i haven't driven one but from judging from the pictures i can say the fact that its 2wd makes me not want it as a offroad basher. The whole chassis looks plastic and i prefer to have some metal in my frame. the savage TVP's are great and several companies make very strong replacements. Looks more entry level to me. sorta like the hpi e-10

Nice rig flm savage, those shocks look bloody fat, nice rims aswell haha

thanks. those LST2 shocks are massive but really turn the truck from a rollover happy truck into one that handles pretty doggone decent.

Gotta have the 44" wheels :)

Looks more entry level to me.

That is/was my point. Just adding an idea to the discussion. My girlfriend was wanting a Stampede for Christmas untill I showed her the High Roller. She is pretty noob and likes MT's but likes 2wd for the "drifting" factor. She loves sliding around...