Let the games begin!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxinflixion

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Safe to say that one of the things that drew me to (and drew me back to) this hobby was the need and freedom to wrench and upgrade. This was one of my concerns when I dove back in this past week and started with two Rlaarlo Desert Trucks for my aging father and I to bond over. The fear of not much aftermarket support.

Yesterday, we did a test run of one of the trucks just to see if it was something he could handle (and would want to). This part was a success.

During this run, I may have sent it a little too fast down the playground pavement and we cartwheeled about 15 feet. In the action, a turnbuckle popped off and dogbone jettisoned never to be found. Through the magic of online shopping, I have two sets of replacements on the way, one of which will be here by 10p :).

Long story short, my title has a double meaning. The games have indeed begun.
1. One of these Rlaarlo AM-D12 just took it's first steps toward Upgradeville.
2. One of my local hobby shops is going to get a decent sized purchase soon, once I decide what I want for my personal rig (on top of an upgraded desert truck of course).

This reminds me while I like this hobby so much.

It’s a blast. I’ve never witnessed anything but a smile from everyone who’s driven a hobby grade RC. It’s a guarantee.

#Truth

A buddy of mine met me for a little bash session at a local school today. An hour later, he sent me a screenshot of his checkout screen for a new truggy.