Spektrum transmitter lipo charger.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I bought a Dx5pro transmitter and naturally it comes with a 4 xAA battery tray and for 30 bucks there is a rechargeable lipo available that plugs in.
My question is how do you charge the battery?

I can remove the two screws and remove the battery but that seems a little awkward.

The instruction manual does not seem to address this.

I bought a Dx5pro transmitter and naturally it comes with a 4 xAA battery tray and for 30 bucks there is a rechargeable lipo available that plugs in.

I can remove the two screws and remove the battery but that seems a little awkward.

Seems like you take the battery out to charge it.

Here’s the charge lead : https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/charge-adapter-tx-battery-nimh-lipo/SPM6834.html

Thank you i think I have that plug.

That seems a little clumsy from a company with such quality products. But it really is not a big deal. It would be better without the screws but I do like the transmitter a lot.

It really does seem like they don't care about the Surface radios compared to the Air transmitters. MY DX6 has a port to charge the battery, I don't know why they don't do the same for surface transmitters. 🤔

What charger do u have. And all u use is the jst off the 2s lipo and female jst to radio I got the same remote and didn't mind the same way you remove the two screws pop the battery tray out snip the wires take that female jst twist the wires together well first put your shrink wrap on twist the wires together solder it and that's it and then whatever charger you're using you're coming off your charger with the male jst plug that's how you charge it and then plug your balancer into your balancer lead

its always best to remove a lipo to charge.
That’s probably the best advice.
I have a number of charges I have a smaller one that worked great. 7.85 volts. Just gotta change the battery selection in the radio.

Back