So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct. the short parts the front. I used deadbolt links for it. I do like this furytek kit a lot more than the standard aluminum bouncer. Better quality, a lot more thought went in to this one.
I'm very happy with my Injora chassis, in design and function. Also very happy that it only cost me $17!

I'm very happy with my Injora chassis, in design and function. Also very happy that it only cost me $17!
Nothing wrong with the bouncer chassis. I have 2 of them. Just wanted this one for the 4ws project. Think it’s about 2mm narrower.

It's been snowing since late Saturday night, and still snowing right now was a matter of fact. Fortunately, it is a super light, dry snow. So, light and dry in fact that earlier this afternoon, I went out and used a broom to sweep the 1 inch layer of snow off most of my course terrain.
There was a point when the snow stopped temporarily, and I got out to test RigorMortis' new RC4WD Mud Slingers that I had just installed yesterday. And just as I was hoping, these tires are just awesome crawling performers! The slippery terrain didn't hold it back much. It completed both courses without much extra effort.
I Installed the new tires without foam, and it was a non issue. However, it was only about 29°, so I'll have to wait and see what happens when the temp gets into the 90's.
0213221453.jpg

0213221454.jpg
0213221456_Burst01.jpg
0213221500d.jpg
0213221508e.jpg
0213221459a.jpg

It's been snowing here since early this afternoon. It's rather warm out, so everything landing on the pavement is turning to slush.
While hanging in my man-cave, wrenching and toying with my SCX24 fleet, I got the itch to run some rc in the snow! First up was the 1/18 front loader. Plowing and hauling slush around. The hard rubber tires had a bit of difficulty moving around the slick pavement.
After that very, very slow session, I wanted some speed! The LaTrax Rally was a blast zipping and drifting around the driveway. The car drove like it was made exactly for this condition. So much fun!
I guess I'm going to find out if this thing really is "waterproof". Shook off the snow and a few minutes with the leaf blower and it looks like an rc car again 😃
View attachment 139259View attachment 139260
Great pic!

Did the mount do well?
It did, Xraycer. 1 1/2 x 5in 0.030 lexan sheet. GNSS speed meter velcro'ed to it. Used the body protectors to take up the extra space. MT10 body posts are slotted instead of holed. Guess to allow for body movement up and down. Anyway, did not want the speed meter rattling about.

Had a traction roll on the track and the speed meter stayed put. Using the velcro still gives it a tear-away option in a hard crash, rather than using double sided tape on it. Cheers. 'AC'

Attachments

• 20220214_140344_resize RCT.jpg
    20220214_140344_resize RCT.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 19
I get free grease from work sometimes, so I thought I'd put some in my gear boxes. This super lube is really good stuff. I think you can get it at harbor freight? So I put a little in the diffs on the rig. They were dry as a bone. I think she
fees better, but I can't really say it's a game changer. But, maybe It will save some battery life? I'm an Amsoil guy and feel they need to cater to us. Word out for you Amsoil guys.
Also, on a name for my ride, think my trucks name Is Slimer. If you know you know, you know. And on another note, I lost my hood pins. I think my dog eat them honestly. So anybody have any extras? Or I'll get some coming or modify the ole ladys hair pins. Me and Slimer out!
Oh yeah, pictures! Here you go.
20220215_224459.jpg
20220215_224816.jpg

Superlube. Made by loctite. I remember my dad using it on his Harley’s in the 80’s.

I get free grease from work sometimes, so I thought I'd put some in my gear boxes. This super lube is really good stuff. I think you can get it at harbor freight? So I put a little in the diffs on the rig. They were dry as a bone. I think she
fees better, but I can't really say it's a game changer. But, maybe It will save some battery life? I'm an Amsoil guy and feel they need to cater to us. Word out for you Amsoil guys.
Also, on a name for my ride, think my trucks name Is Slimer. If you know you know, you know. And on another note, I lost my hood pins. I think my dog eat them honestly. So anybody have any extras? Or I'll get some coming or modify the ole ladys hair pins. Me and Slimer out!
Oh yeah, pictures! Here you go.View attachment 142090View attachment 142091
Slimer. I like it!

PM me your info, if you still need 'em, but
I think you should make an effort and excavate the doggie bombs first. 😂

Hood pins are over rated. I use dry wall screws. And yes. Some lube in the diffs helps with binding and noise. I tend to use thinner viscosity on the 24’s. Due to the low rpm’s. Also good to put some in the drive cups.

Lil video as I got bored. Need to figure this phone out if I'm going to be making movies for yall. You can see when I refocused several times. Wish it would do it itself. Slimer sliming.
Come on, I know you've got more stuff in that kitchen you can use as obstacles! 😁

A few days ago we barely made it out of the 20's. Today, it got to 60°F! I took advantage of the weather and made a little video ( it's a SCX24, but no pun was intended 😁). This was on my Pond Course. RigorMortis

A few days ago we barely made it out of the 20's. Today, it got to 60°F! I took advantage of the weather and made a little video ( it's a SCX24, but no pun was intended 😁). This was on my Pond Course. RigorMortis
She's awesome bro. Are you going to remove the sticker on the motor? Mines still on too, just heard removing it keeps it cooler, can also get heat sinks I guess depending on what it is. Thinking it sounds like a good weekend project, but if I'm taking stuff apart, I might as well replace it with new stuff. If I keep replacing stuff Eventually I'll have a new scx24😃