Small Problem Resulting In A Break

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got done from toying with my N4-Tec and have a small problem, at high speeds the car becomes very wobbley like a fine ~~~~~~ style wobble, then exiting full throttle to make a turn my entire rear end slips out and resulted in spin outs and several rolls and flips tearing up my new lid and fudging my posts up, lastly had my throttle pinned and let off to turn away from a curb and the rear end slipped out and nailed the curb breaking the plastic reciever that takes the rear passenger A-arm screw attatching to the main frame. Hard to explain but will post pics of the broken rear side asap.

Any ways what would cause my car to become wobbly like so ~~~~~ and also the rear spin out when I make any low-mid to high-mid 90-180 degree turns? Thanks folks:third_place:

Grrr now I'm mad at myself for not adressing the issue when I noticed it, broken rear and now going to be bored as helllllllooo!

Sounds like you need to fine tune your camber and your toe in, toe out. If it's not that, see if you have excess play in the wheel bearings or steering linkage.

Well actually when I was in the mind set of converting it to rally I bolted the shocks on the other holes to raise it up jus a lil tiny bit and made a couple turns on the toe/camber arms but don't even know if thats why or if I can even get it back to normal if thats why. No extra play in the wheel bearings but not sure what the steering linkage is and how to determine if theres exess play in it

The steering linkage are the parts that make the front tires steer. The rods with eyelets at the ends, connected to the carriers, bell crank, servo, ect... You most definitely have your car out of whack from messing with the adjustments. Try to set it back to where it was and fine tune from there.

The steering linkage are the parts that make the front tires steer. The rods with eyelets at the ends, connected to the carriers, bell crank, servo, ect... You most definitely have your car out of whack from messing with the adjustments. Try to set it back to where it was and fine tune from there.

Simply turn the arm heads or adjust the metal screw itself? Also replace the shocks the the stock mount holes?

ps this is what I did
P1040257.jpg

As already posted by Rolex, and Matt, touring cars require a good setup for the high speed stuff. It took me a bit to get my RS4 setup properly even with the help of other racers. I came to touring cars from stadium trucks. A 40mph stadium truck can get by with a so-so setup since;

1. You're offroad so it's getting tossed around anyway and you don't notice as much

2. It's just not fast enough to reveal some issues in setup

But a 70 + mph touring car is a whole other story. Good luck with it.

Okay I'm not sure if I adjusted both steering linkage arms or if I did just the rear or front and now am lost to getting everything back to the stock setup, god I'm a tardo

I'm a tardo

You'll get no argument from me. :hehe:

You'll need to keep adjusting ALL your wheels till they are straight up and down, and also pointed straight ahead. Disconnect the servo linkage and center it and reattach it before doing anything else to the front end.
When all 4 corners are straight ahead as well as straight up, well tell you how to fine tune it.

You'll get no argument from me. :hehe:

You'll need to keep adjusting ALL your wheels till they are straight up and down, and also pointed straight ahead. Disconnect the servo linkage and center it and reattach it before doing anything else to the front end.
When all 4 corners are straight ahead as well as straight up, well tell you how to fine tune it.

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

and +/- 0*....... eh never mind.......

Ha okay after I get my rear end rebuilt ill tinker it back as close as i can

Use a small square up against the wheels to adjust your camber. Use a tape measure to set the toe.