i need help low end

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the high speed, not a lot, max is half a turn for me in the winter.

Even the high speed, not a lot, max is half a turn for me in the winter.
i wanted to know if this also apply to the low speed needles because i'm still trying to understand how the low-speed works I'm sorry but I'm still trying to understand?

How the LSN works is the needle will go into the fuel output, with the shape of the needle, it will slow down the fuel output when you throttle down, the reason is you don't need as much fuel when you slow down, just enough to keep the engine going and at the same time, when you throttle up, you won't get bogged down (loaded). Some cheaper engine has a very short needle, so, it was very hard to adjust with a small window. Hope it help.

Changes are very minor once you tuned it, the key is to warm up in cold weather. We don't take our real car to tune up based on seasons. The Air is colder and it will take longer to tune up. Unless you are driving a NASCAR or something, to get the maximum performance between day and night time, you may change your settings, but they don't go and tune their engines between stops. Don't over think too much.
I meant warm up instead of tune up.
I don't think you know what I'm saying i'm not talking about how the carburetor works. I'm talking about once you tune the low-speed needle, do you have to retune sometimes when the weather changes from Spring to Winter for instance?

So in layman's terms. When you say changes are very minor, your referral to the low speed needle correct?

Because this is what I'm trying to figure out all along.

No problem. If you understand my explanation how LSN works, weather is not a big factor once it is tuned.

No problem. If you understand my explanation how LSN works, weather is not a big factor once it is tuned.
ok thanks.
Like I said it's sketchy as far as understanding cuz the only understanding I know is that some engines will run fast when they're cold
And run normal once they warm up.

But the rest of that low speed needle stuff is sketchy. but from what you're saying that once it's tuned you don't have to tune it no more unless you're adding a different brand of fuel or glow plug.

Last edited:
ok thanks.
Like I said it's sketchy as far as understanding cuz the only understanding I know is that some engines will run fast when they're cold
And run normal once they warm up.

But the rest of that low speed needle stuff is sketchy. but from what you're saying that once it's tuned you don't have to tune it no more unless you're adding a different brand of fuel or glow plug.
You should always try and tune with about a half tank you will always run richer with a full tank and as it goes down it will lean out

You should always try and tune with about a half tank you will always run richer with a full tank and as it goes down it will lean out
Hi thank you for your message.
Sorry but my voice typing system is messed up I'm not able to spell the things I'm saying my own so I'm using the system but it's not working right.

So if you see any typos I'm sorry.

Anyway yeah I noticed the engine behaves differently when it's half empty. I know this one it's filled all the way to the top it acts rich doesn't start right.

Yeah I learned just to fill it not to the filler neck but to just almost past or a little past half tank.

Yeah that's actually something I learned and found out on my own.

Also I'm a little confused but if the temperature changes let's say if it's winter and it's spring what's the only time you adjust the low speed needle between those performances?

Cuz I get the assumption that if let's say you are in Africa and move to Aspen for instance you have to adjust the low end as far as readjusting and again.

I notice sometimes that it will run faster than idle then it did the last time. If I take it indoors. But if I take it Outdoors it runs normal.

Which I know you're not supposed to run them and doors at all.

But there was some things I was trying to learn it the time. I'm not trying to ask a stupid question put his been a while and I'm just want to reconfirm everything that I learned. That's pretty much the only thing that's on my mind. Is so much confusion people people say once your low and is it just that you don't ever have to touch it again but I've learned that's not true.

You only touch it when it goes from winter to summer. But I want you to confirm that with me.

I hope you don't get annoyed if I go philosophical cuz sometimes that's the only way for me to get someone to understand what I'm saying.

And please excuse my handwriting take your time and reading please. I'm having problems my voice typing system ain't working right into I don't know how to spell the things I'm telling you.

I'm able to do it because of this system.

Thank you for your time. Hope to hear from you God bless.

Hi thank you for your message.
Sorry but my voice typing system is messed up I'm not able to spell the things I'm saying my own so I'm using the system but it's not working right.

So if you see any typos I'm sorry.

Anyway yeah I noticed the engine behaves differently when it's half empty. I know this one it's filled all the way to the top it acts rich doesn't start right.

Yeah I learned just to fill it not to the filler neck but to just almost past or a little past half tank.

Yeah that's actually something I learned and found out on my own.

Also I'm a little confused but if the temperature changes let's say if it's winter and it's spring what's the only time you adjust the low speed needle between those performances?

Cuz I get the assumption that if let's say you are in Africa and move to Aspen for instance you have to adjust the low end as far as readjusting and again.

I notice sometimes that it will run faster than idle then it did the last time. If I take it indoors. But if I take it Outdoors it runs normal.

Which I know you're not supposed to run them and doors at all.

But there was some things I was trying to learn it the time. I'm not trying to ask a stupid question put his been a while and I'm just want to reconfirm everything that I learned. That's pretty much the only thing that's on my mind. Is so much confusion people people say once your low and is it just that you don't ever have to touch it again but I've learned that's not true.

You only touch it when it goes from winter to summer. But I want you to confirm that with me.

I hope you don't get annoyed if I go philosophical cuz sometimes that's the only way for me to get someone to understand what I'm saying.

And please excuse my handwriting take your time and reading please. I'm having problems my voice typing system ain't working right into I don't know how to spell the things I'm telling you.

I'm able to do it because of this system.

Thank you for your time. Hope to hear from you God bless.
Ok first get it out of your head their is no such thing as a stupid question the stupid one is the on that don't ask nothing and never learns ok we got that out of the way

Now as far as tuning goes I live in Texas where we have mostly hot and humid weather so I only really move my high speed needle but come winter if it's cold out I will have to mess with the low end a bit as well but keep in mind this is nitro the tuning will never be perfect I run my trucks rich and loud because I like to that way

Also what kind of fuel do you run and do you know the nitro/oil content I personally run vp master basher 20/14 and people always tell me that I should lower my oil content but do want you feel and think is right it's all about the learning experience you will learn on your own as you go I guess it helps that I've worked building engines and performance cars for the past 10 years