Small ones!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my (4) 3s lipos from hobbyking, now just waiting...waiting..waiting.....zzzzzz

What tire and wheel would you possibly run on a MERV that's meant for an 1/8 scale? 1/8 tires are going to be much larger and heaver, I wouldn't do it.

I'm not sure I just googled 1/16 revo hub adapters image search.....I seen those after about 30 or so pics, and thought hmm I have to know more....so I thought I'd ask around.

I have a question: if the stock ESC in the brushless edition MERV heats up when I use 3s parallel too long what's a viable substitution?
I've already made plans to use 55T spur/23T pinion, i also have a 19T pinion, not sure how that will workout though with the 55T spur.

I'd like to use the same ESC for the 380m and the 2 Neu motors that are on the way.

I was planning on using a sidewinder3, although I was wondering...if I should go with something that has a higher lipo cell compatibility.....just cause I'd like to see what happens

Last edited:
I'm on the fence about the brushed motor mount and mounting plate, here's my problem my Tenbol mount has no protective cover for the gear mesh. So by ordering the stock brushed mount, and plate I can have the protective cover, but does that also mean I need to order the Rx box from the brushed version......or just stick to what I know and do a quick hack job on the current Rx box?

If you're already ordering the mount and cover, might as well order the new RX box and keep the waterproofing.

Yay!, my alloy driveline parts just cleared customs.....I'm crossing my fingers for Wednesday.

I just had to lay the parts out as soon as I reached the house

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Well got the bulkheads put back together.

Here's a pic of the diffs I ordered, since I don't have a pic of them going into the bulks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 223
So, I just figured out that GPM swingshafts are garbage. It took me all of 1.5 charges on a parallel 3s lipo set up to rip the end that holds the hex hub on, yup broke right where the wheel pin slides through. If anyone interested it was the right rear wheel.

Just ordered the traxxas CVDs, (centres and corners).....but I might also try the hot racing ones, just to see if I can break those too.

So far the GPM centre driveshafts are still doing their job.

The hot racing differentials don't have o-rings in the end caps, so your gonna have to make you own gasket. I used high temp silicone and some flat tooth pick to spread on the silicone evenly. That's the outer seals not the inner o-rings on the output shafts

Last edited:
Last night I noticed that one of my GPM shocks has bad threads in the bottom end cap, i keep having to retighten it after every run. I e-mailed GPM directly and one of their service techs (Clara) said that it must be a bad shock, and that not all of them are manufactured poorly, she also said that GPM is sending 2pairs of blue replacement shocks. I don't think they will replace the swingshafts though, since nobody warranties drivelines.

I think my axial temperature pen is broken. I ran 2x3s lipo, and then 2x2s lipo back to back and managed 98F on the motor and 87.5F on the ESC. It is about 7C* outside though. I did manage to drain both sets of batteries.

On that note what are you guys doing for a temp gauge, maybe I'll grab some sensors and a TQI.

Unfortunately, the onboard sensors with most radios aren't very accurate. You might try one of the IR temp guns from either Harbor Freight or Northern Tools. Both have them fairly inexpensive and they work pretty well.

Thanks, Do you guys have any idea about a roll cage?

*has anyone tried putting diff oil in the shocks. I've come across a forum where one guy did it he seemed to like it, I think I'll give it a try.*

Last edited:
So just tested out my diff oil filled shocks, and everything seems ok. Took a lot of the springy motion out of them, even though they were filled with 80wt shock oil from the first time I rebuilt them.

What lipos are you running on your merv? I got one 2s and dont really like it.

Turnigy nano-tech 1400mAh 40-80c discharge 3s lipos, I also have the 2s, I only use them when "crash" wants to hangout with his uncle "me".

Back