Small ones!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've noticed quite a few small SCT on RCNT!, so now here's my request, it's not a huge one.

Who make quality 1/24...or even 1/16 scale SCT
and of course what kind of mods are available.
Do they come in nitro.

I think Losi holds down the micro dominance.

Ya I was window shopping Mrclean's losi in another thread....I could put that thing in my gym bag, and have a session where ever I wanted

I once seen an add for trinity racing/team trinity, and the had a 1/16 nitro truggy, I think it was on the back cover of a R/C mag I picked up a few summers ago.

Last edited:
I have a 1/36 mico T and it's fun around the house for sure, but outdoors not so much. The MERV imho is the perfect gym bag RC, and enough ground clearance and performance to please.

How big would you say the MERV is, I'd like to be able to put my baseball/volleyball stuff in my summer gym bag also, I know there would be no problem to put it in my hockey bag.

Or to piss off the ice makers at the my local arena!...all 6 of them are family

Merv is likely the baddest rig ever made for so many reasons.

The 1/16 Slash is the SCT version if the mERV. The Losi 1/24 brushless SCTs are a lot of fun, too.

Sent from my padded cell...

I just got the 1/16 Slash, it's the brushed version with the 550 12T motor and it's a blast! I do plan on buying the part to convert it to a merv so i can have both. I had a merv a long time ago and it was a great rig, tough and with good batteries it's seriously fast!

I'm actually liking the 1/16 slash!, mainly cause it can look like an everyday truck with the right body, also the hot racing parts look alright to me.

I have a Turnigy Mini SCT. I believe it's 1/16 scale and it's brushless. Fast but hard to control at full throttle. Not much for upgrades and stock parts are cheap but doesn't seem too reliable. At least the rear diff anyway. Maybe it's just me though,I can't keep a rear diff in my Savage either :hehe:

Not suggesting you you get one,just an FYI if you've seen them. It's a cheap truck form HobbyKing.

No I haven't seen one yet, but ill have a look thanks

I believe turnigy has a 1/16 nitro. I might look into that, seems like a fun little ripper!

As much fun as a mini or micro rc sounds, I could never buy one with a 3 year old boy runnin a muck with his toy trucks and possibly getting possession of my rig amd A-losing it, B-breaking it while hes bashing it around like his toys or C- All of the above plus never finding it ever again...

Ill stick to the bigger rigs that he can't lift and I can barely lift, damn these 1/10-1/8 being so heavy for this 26yo grown man haha just kidding, I can't lift them eithier :hehe:

The Losi 1/24th is fun for indoors and really flat areas, I think any type of outdoor track would be too rough for it to run. I got it simply to take with me when I travel, (and to possibly chase the cats and dogs with). I'd much rather have a MERV to run outside or at a track if I was looking at the smaller scale rigs. The brushless Losi SCT is a quick little truck, I'm looking to get a lipo battery for it and see what I can break. I've seen a lot more upgrades for it than I expected.

I really haven't broken anything on mine, yet. They're beasts on LiPo.

I've been shopping/snooping around and found out that I can have a 1/16 slash in almost all alloy!, I like a lot of stuff need more info.

5T racing
Golden horizon
Atomic racing

How big is a 550 motor?....is the a better one?....is the slash lipo friendly?

The Slash will run on 2s lipo. The 550 it what comes stock on the brushed Rustler, and Stampede

Back