Small ones!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's USED. I will never pay full retail for a used piece of RC equipment. My rule of thumb is that I will offer 50% of retail. This is of course only my thoughts on the matter.

I'm with hamz, unless it's something that's harder to get, or has a ton of mods done (knowing full well you might still get hosed on the deal), then about half of retail is realistic. I also try and avoid ebay rigs, and very much prefer buying from forum members that are known to take good care of their rigs.

The castle creations MERV fell through he didn't accept the 300, I didn't bother making a counter offer...it'll be more enjoyable to do the mods myself instead of cheating the experience.

On another local site (infomall), I found a MERV for 100 even I'm just not sure what's powering it from the pic it looks like the same set up as mine, although its really hard to tell the pic is dark and grainy, and it has one of those heat sinks with the fan. Waiting on a return email, and its in driving distance, about 30mins from my house.

Also grabbed what I think is a XXL for $75, from the same site, it was 10 mins from my local grocery store so I said what the hell! why not. It kinda looks dirty and worked over but with a lil attention I think it can be a runner.

The Losi XXL is a great rig and well worth fixing!

I only really scooped it cause it has blue/sliver alloy shocks for my FLM savage mock up.
I do how ever have a spare picco .28 that can go into it, that's if I decide to turn it into a project. I kinda wanna focus on an upcoming 1/10 e-revo purchase, and the FLM savage. The savage is more of my keep me occupied for the winter project, where as the 1/10 e-revo is a just cause I want it buy!

So I'm eyeing different rigs on ebay and notice it costs someone from Hong Kong to ship to me $40, but to get something from fort Morgan Colorado is $90+, what's the deal with the postal service, we're on the same damn continent.

Managed to fix my servo. Turns out it has a stripped gear, the second one? was missing 2teeth so I took it out rotated it 180* now everything seems ok. I called traxxas and customer support is sending me out another one.

So on top of the extra one I ordered and paid for, plus the one traxxas is sending me, and the repaired one I now have 3 working stock servos, looks like I can hold off on grabbing the HS-5086 for now anyways. Oh ya I also ordered 4 servo gear replacement packs.

I see how changing the spur and cb affect the temp of MERV .1, I ran MERV #1 hard today with 50/23 still temp was too high, about 165-170, so after I ran down a pair of 2s lipos pack I decided to change to MERV .2 with 55/23. On MERV #2 the temp was hovering around 150-160, I need a new temp pen, mines old.

Oh ya I used the same tires only MERV #1 has aluminum toe links, push rods, and hex hubs by traxxas.

^^ya, that lil servo has just jumped 4 spots on the shopping list, but doesn't make the cut until Friday-Saturday.

What have people heard of nuetronics?

I've seen a mini e-revo powered my something called a N.E.U 1112/1Y, and I think I'm about to order one.

What's the traxxas 500 motor mount?, is that the one for brushed 1/16 e-revos/summits/slashes?

Last edited:
Help! I need to order an ESC.

Ok I ordered 2 motors the first is a Neu-castle 1112/1Y and the second is a Neu-castle 1110/1Y, I know what the first 4 digits are for but what does the last one mean? I'd be very interested in all of RCNTs info on a proper ESC to power them. I was about to ask tech/sales service about an ESC,but my phone dropped the call, soo I went back to work.

Oh, before I forget they have to be built upon request so I won't have any pics for about 4-6 weeks, maybe 7 since I live in Canada.

^this gives me plenty of time to decide on an ESC.^

Last edited:
Has anyone flipped the drive gear and the idler gear in their MERV transmission yet?, I happened upon a YouTube video that shows it can be done, the comments seem to lean towards the idea that it adds a bit more torque and a lil less top speed, I like torque!

I'm just gonna throw drift tires on the MERV for the time being. I'm drifting in one of my communities local gymnasiums with my proline road rages. I get some nice sideways action from the smooth surface, until I spin out.

I'm just gonna throw drift tires on the MERV for the time being. I'm drifting in one of my communities local gymnasiums with my proline road rages. I get some nice sideways action from the smooth surface, until I spin out.

Thinking about it the drift wheel from drift cars should fit your merv.
May want to look in to that.

Yup already ordered a couple HPI sets with 9mm offset to go with those LED wheel lights. I like how they mimic real wheel/tire combos.

It just so happens that Frog Lake is one of those geographical oddities.....5-10 days from anything I order.

So just for kicks I tried the swap the idler gear and the drive gear: so far I've noticed that the top speed has fallen off a bit, but the torque is a real blast, I almost managed my first reverse backflip, if I didn't have the wing, I think it would have landed on the tires.

I finally ground a flat spot into my rear differential ring gear..yay!, so I went shopping.

Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Steering Ball Bearing Set (item #TOYZ 202)
Traxxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Rocker Arm Ball Bearings (item #TOYZ 98)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Rear Black Delrin Rocker Arms (item #DP 003 Black)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Front Black Delrin Rocker Arms (item #DP 001 Black)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Steel Heavy Duty Center Drive Shaft (item #SERV237)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Blue Aluminum Shock Dampers (item #ERV348 Blue)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Wheel Hex Pin Set (item #TOYZ 212)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Steel Swing Drive Shaft CVD Set (item #SERV245)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo, Rally, Slash, Summit Main Diff DIfferential Hard Steel Spiral Bevel Gear Set (item #VXS9282)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Stiff Shock Spring Set (item #ERV348/SP Silver)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Hardened steel Center Gear set (item #SVXS1000T)
Traxxas Mini 1/16 Revo Slash Steel 19T Pinion Gear (item #T3469)
Traxxas 1/16 Mini Revo Slash Steel 55T Spur Gear (item #SVXS855)
Factory Team Associated Green Slime Lube for shocks (item #ASC1105)
Team Associated Silicone Shock Oil 80wt 2oz ASC5425 (item #ASC5425)

P.S the T-bonez racing 4pcs chassis brace is sweet, adds some weight though, really stiffens up you MERV.

Back