Small ones!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn.... Saw the thread and thought yall were talkin bout my girl. :p:

I've been shopping/snooping around and found out that I can have a 1/16 slash in almost all alloy!,

Don't do that; RPM bumpers front and rear, a motor heat sink, and make sure your diffs are filled and your gearing is right (i.e. not overheating). If you want a bling truck, there's nothing wrong with that, but on the small rigs stuff like the
A arms the alloy is going to be thin and much more prone to breaking than a 1/10 or 1/8 scale rig. Plastic either bends and snaps back, or breaks; aluminum bends and stays bent (or cracks or breaks) and it's expensive to replace.

What are your guys thoughts on this, please see post #9. I can't seem to log onto the link the guy provided at the top of the page:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8913934-aluminum-chassis-for-the-1-16-minis

If I can find one I'll most likely dress it in RPM,

---------- Post added at 8:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:53 AM ----------

I also want those tires, they look scale?

---------- Post added at 8:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:54 AM ----------

I think those are T-bonez bumper skids on the left truck not sure though!

Bigger motor & a chassis to match!

So, I typed in 550 electric motor into a search engine and more that one 550 popped up, ones from Novak, tekin line up has been discontinued!, there were others, now this has got me wondering what's the baddest motor I can cram into the 1/16 slash-MERV?

Aha! Just what I was hoping for a 286mm chassis for the 1/16 slash/MERV:

http://www.nuibe.com/rc/minierevo/chassis/custom_chassis_project.html

Last edited:
Well what's a beast of a brushless setup for it then, any suggestions doesn't matter if its from a 1/10, or a 1/8...if it fits ill use it

Well what's a beast of a brushless setup for it then, any suggestions doesn't matter if its from a 1/10, or a 1/8...if it fits ill use it

You'll need to stay on the lower KV side unless it's going to be a land speed record RC. That's the advantage I've seen from the big block brushless setup, is it doesn't get as hot as the VXL 3M system when running on high drag surfaces like grass.

I had to change my plans on this but I will eventually run a Castle set up with a 4600kv 4 pole motor, I'm pretty sure it will be a handful.

If you want crazy put a Mamba Monster with a 2650KV motor and run a pair of 3s lipo's in series!

Ok Good, anyone got any good leads to a 4 pole?....motor set up,

Why do KV have anything to do with my decision making?

One of the links I posted have plans (PDFs, and CAD) for a longer chassis, it's my hope that ill be able to put bigger batteries (lipos)

I had to change my plans on this but I will eventually run a Castle set up with a 4600kv 4 pole motor, I'm pretty sure it will be a handful.

If you want crazy put a Mamba Monster with a 2650KV motor and run a pair of 3s lipo's in series!

^^Yes! Please I want crazy!^^

Mamba monster is discontinued, mamba monster 2 available it says water proof.

l. The Neu-Castle 1515-2200Kv motor is 75mm long making it capable of handling more power and heavier vehicles than the Neu-Castle 1512-2650 motor

^^will this directly bolt up to a 1/16 slash^^

Ill buy one now if I will fit. most likely take 10 day to get to me.

Why do KV have anything to do with my decision making?

One of the links I posted have plans (PDFs, and CAD) for a longer chassis, it's my hope that ill be able to put bigger batteries (lipos)

The lower the KV rating, the more torque the motor makes, you have to suit your motor for your needs and where you plan to run your rig. Keep in mind also, that if running a big bore motor setup, there will come a point when you simply have way more motor than the driveline can take.

Ok thanks, what do you think the lowest KV I could go with.......how much can I modd the driveline, is anyone making bullet proof parts for a 1/16 slash?

Lower KV will need more voltage otherwise it's not worth it.

Ok , thanks I'm still pretty hell bent on getting a better motor so what do you suggest?
I downloaded some plans to extend the chassis to 286mm, with 25mm spacers between the top plate and bottom plate

I'm still looking for a how too or where to get custom driveshafts

SMaxxin see post #32. Does that qualify as crazy! I know nothing about electrics, except that its easier to take with me when I travel.
If it will work let me know I'd like to have as much input as possible before I buy!

Last edited:
Ok so now my 1/16 slash is on its way to me hope to see it by 10:00pm my time

^^Yes! Please I want crazy!^^

Mamba monster is discontinued, mamba monster 2 available it says water proof.

l. The Neu-Castle 1515-2200Kv motor is 75mm long making it capable of handling more power and heavier vehicles than the Neu-Castle 1512-2650 motor

^^will this directly bolt up to a 1/16 slash^^

Ill buy one now if I will fit. most likely take 10 day to get to me.

The length won't be a problem but It's diameter is 3mm larger than the stock 550 that comes in the Slash. Now 3mm isn't much but it's going to be tight as there is not much room but I think it will fit. I know the older 1/16 Slash came with a 380 size motor so make sure your comes with the 550 motor. If you get one with a 380 motor traxxas has a big block mount to run the larger motor.

Running the stock VXL on 3s tends to break things. A big block in a mERV will tend to destroy drive line parts. Be sure to stock up.

Not to mention the truck is silly fast on 3s packs with the stock power plant. Also terrain a 1/10 truck might pound through throws the 1/16 rigs around a lot more, and at speed that can end up in a violent crash at times just from a bad bounce off a rock, etc. I've been lucky that I haven't broken anything in the drive line running 3s packs, but I'm careful of my throttle finger, and I've never once done the standing backflip trick.

I like the idea of stupid power, just not the repair bills. :D I love the MERV as is, still my favorite ground RC yet. I'd love to have a 1/10 revo, I"m just too cheap to buy one. LOL

Back