Small ones!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, then what's a good drop in set up, cause I could be wrong but the slash/MERV ESC & motor look smaller.....do I need smaller ESC/motor combo, I can learn to grind the drivetrain to dust after I get comfortable with the power delivery.

Finally got my Internet to open up the link for the Italian aluminum chassis, and its all in Italian!. I wouldn't suppose any of you gents could read/translate Italian?, cause I can't even tell if the company/guy/guys are still in business.

Did you get your Slash yet? What motor set up does it have?

Turns out my cousin grabbed himself a rig (MERV) he gave me the option of either this morning, I prepaid for the slash. So I ended up taking the MERV, coughed up an extra Sir Robert and a queen and that was that!, oh the box says velineon 380?...only came with one Nimh battery though (traxxas power cell series 1), I'm looking into ordering a pair of traxxas 25C 7.4 2s-cell 2200mAh batteries
unless you can suggests a better pair!

---------- Post added at 4:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:02 PM ----------

Ill have a pic soon!, I haven't paid for a membership and I gotta delete something first

You'll be happier with the MERV I think, unless you're racing I think it's a better all around rig for bashing. You have the Velineon VXL 3m brushless system, and I'm going to be it's a lot faster than you think stock. I personally don't run dual batteries as it only adds runtime, and quite a bit of extra weight. I have my suspension stiffer on the battery side (opposite side of the esc) to compensate for it. Change out the pinion gear (which is marked wrong in the manual BTW, the speed pinion is installed from the factory) unless you'll be running on pavement or hard pack only. I like the Turnigy nano tech 2200's for 2s, and turnigy 1600's for 3s packs. Keep an eye on those motor temps, and congrats!

It looks sweet.....and small...I hate to say it but ill be adding more weight to this lil guy

GPM/hot racing alloy chassis
GH/hot racing hub carriers
GH/hot racing shock tubes
Traxxas push rods/and toe links
RPM a-arms
Ceramic bearing if I can find

Can say I like the tires, I want something like the size on the 1/16 slash

:angry:Now I have to research what RPM all makes thanks Non Crimen:angry:

No seriously thanks for the input, much appreciated

Ok I like the RPM hub carriers bumpers,and the a-arms so that's settled
I'm ordering some T-bonez skid plates
I still want my alloy chassis, and maybe alloy bulks but all I've found was integy

^^i didn't see everything, all I seen was a-arms, and hub carriers!^^

Oops forgot to mention those I seen em too

Run it on 3s and it will surprise you!

So it can run on 3s, the hobby guy that I called and placed the order with said that it would burn up the ESC, but he owns the brushed version...and I was hoping he was a lil wrong in his assumption

The brushed version isn't able to run 3s. The VXL is.

Now that we all know my new mini rig is brushless can I still get a better motor?
Still interested in suggestions

The motor in you merv is 380 size and in that size you won't find anything much better. If you want to go bigger you will need a big block mount

My mini shopping list!
F322-TBR 4pc Chassis Brace / B204 T-Bar set - 62033 - Traxxas 116 E-Revo
Full set of RPM a-arms/hub carriers/front-rear bumpers (black)
Wire harness series battery connection TRA3063
Wire harness parallel battery connection TRA3064
Onyx 235 AC/DC battery charger..........not sure about this one, any help guys?
25C 7.4V 2s-2cell 2200mAh lipo battery traxxas model (pair) unsure about these as well will make decision by Monday on all this stuff.

Is there a rear toe link eliminator like savages?
I'm also looking into upgrading the toe links and shock push rods, I'm thinking 5T racing

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Have you even ran the stocker yet? Give it a chance before you toss it, just sayin'

I'm charging the battery now most likely give it a run in the morning....toss it! I sell it..lol

Back