Should this have a gasket ..gx12

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't let me upload the video for some reason ... just pops up with this "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension"

It won't let me upload the video for some reason ... just pops up with this "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension"
i had to upload a video to YT i just did a private video then just pasted the URL in my post.
Car looks great! awesome seeing it coming back to its former glory!
excited to see this video!

I didn't even think of that.... so here it is my quite terrible filming and driving ?

I'll try and do a better video when I next take it out and get a mate to film it so I drive lol

that thing is pretty quick! looks like alot of fun!
depending on controller I've seen a few people but like a car dash mount for a phone onto the controller so you just follow the car with the controller. just a thought!

looks good! wow that thing is pretty clean especially considering its age! man that head is tiny!!! is that the glow plug sitting above the top cooling fin!?!
is that a single needle carb? or is there a Low Speed on the carb? should be right where the linkage connects to the Carb slide.
Hi ,Just a HSN and yes that's the tip of the plug i checked to see if it was seated properly and seems ok so I'm guessing thats just how it is on this little gx12 engine ??

Hi ,Just a HSN and yes that's the tip of the plug i checked to see if it was seated properly and seems ok so I'm guessing thats just how it is on this little gx12 engine ??
was more or less curious on the needles as i know alot of the older (and some newer) small blocks only had a single needle.

That sounds correct on that engine, its just so strange how small the head is on it that the tip of the plug is almost taller than the head! (I've only had and physically seen one small block which was a .18 so it had a big cooling head.)

that thing is pretty quick! looks like alot of fun!
depending on controller I've seen a few people but like a car dash mount for a phone onto the controller so you just follow the car with the controller. just a thought!
Yeah that's not a bad shout ...I used to have one for my drone but ain't got a clue what's happened to that kids probably got hold of it lol , I'll sort something out though ...
What are you currently tinkering with ??

Yeah that's not a bad shout ...I used to have one for my drone but ain't got a clue what's happened to that kids probably got hold of it lol , I'll sort something out though ...
What are you currently tinkering with ??
as far as rigs I'm tinkering with
my MGT: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/getting-back-to-running-mgt-4-6.115171/
My new to me but older .21 MGT: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/new-to-me-associated-mgt-21r-revival.115240/
and slowly my LST1.5: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/getting-back-to-running-losi-lst-2.115209/

my small block was in a T-Maxx about 10 years ago, but gave it to my little brother.
figured build logs were the best way for my memory and if anyone down the road had questions they could check it out to see if it would answer anything.

was more or less curious on the needles as i know alot of the older (and some newer) small blocks only had a single needle.

That sounds correct on that engine, its just so strange how small the head is on it that the tip of the plug is almost taller than the head! (I've only had and physically seen one small block which was a .18 so it had a big cooling head.)
Yeah it is rather tiny lol , I think the gx15 looks a bit better with its slightly bigger head , just going to keep my eye out for one on the bay as would like to test/compare the two engines see what one i prefer and run with it , the gx15 is straight swap and shouldn't be to hard on the drive gear etc .but will be interesting to compare anyways...

about any small block with rotary carb should be able to swap into it. (double check to confirm yours is rotary though, from the pics i can see it looks to be.) but for the drive components i would definitely stay .15 or under would be cool to see the .15 in there!

as far as rigs I'm tinkering with
my MGT: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/getting-back-to-running-mgt-4-6.115171/
My new to me but older .21 MGT: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/new-to-me-associated-mgt-21r-revival.115240/
and slowly my LST1.5: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/getting-back-to-running-losi-lst-2.115209/

my small block was in a T-Maxx about 10 years ago, but gave it to my little brother.
figured build logs were the best way for my memory and if anyone down the road had questions they could check it out to see if it would answer anything.

That video of them jumping over and over is brilliant ? bet you get through some parts ay ! But that's half the fun I suppose is fixing them back and try and break it again , rinse and repeat lol

On road cars typically run a smaller cooling head because they run at high speeds, so there's a lot of air moving over it. With onroad comps, shaving weight is everything, and if they can get away with less surface area, they do.

Was easier to see a few years ago when you would go to a site that sold engines and look at all of them, but these days, engines are slim pickings, so you see less variations.