Should i buy a rustler VXL or a losi speed T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewstmaxx33

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am thinkin on going electric. Just kidding;) i will still have the O'l maxx, but i am wondering what is better a rustler VXL or a losi speed T. I want PURE speed.:p: I will pretty much ride it on a little bit of cut grass and packed dirt and carpet and a lot of road. I will buy the fastest spur gear and pinon and the highest voltage battery. I like traxxas, but i heard Losi dominates on the road and track. I wann get into racing and want to own the competition. SO DEBATE:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with the Traxxas for parts availability. Everyone sells Traxxas parts. I have never ran the Losi but I am a bit biased against them for some reason. Not sure why. You might be faster with the Rusty VLX on three S

If you're serious about the racing thing, I wouldn't get either of them. I would look into the Associated RC10T. Or better yet the new Losi 22T, this thing's gonna be awesome

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TLR0023

For general goofing around though, I'm with Joey, Traxxas parts are much easier to find locally in most cases, so I'd go with the Rusty.

i have both and they are both very fast on 11.1v
sick fast i think is the correct term if you can keep all 4 tires on the ground
traxxas parts are easier to get vesus losi
they both handle well
as for handling alot of that goes with driving style

I still don't know LOL

I want a head to head test Losi speed-t the traxxas rustler or the team associated rc10t. I'm going to buy one of theese and i need a cheap battery and charger. so if anyone can recomend me a lipo and charger or has one for sale:\

I have run all three. I think the best bet is the Traxxas just because of parts availability.

Mkay

The guy at the hobby store said the slash and stanpeede are almost better than the rustler. what is your opinion? also i want a opinion on this craigslist ad what should i offer him 2WD SLASH FULLY BUILT ALL PROLINE MUST SEE HAS WAY TO MUCH TO LIST HAS CASTLE SIDEWINDER ESC AND MOTOR BRAND NEW SETS OF WHEELS TIRES AND TWO BODYS. RPM BUMPERS MUD FLAPS PROLINE PRO TRAC PROLINE SHOCKS RTR WITH SPEKTRUM DX3 2.4GHZ RADIO. CALL TEXT 518-847-5187 FOR MORE DEATAILS AND MORE PHOTOS THIS IS A PURPOSE BUILT SC RACE TRUCK HAS ALOT OF MONEY INVESTED INTO IT.

I would offer about half the cost of a new Slash 2wd. That's about all you can really expect to get for a used rig.

I would get a Losi 22T personally. Traxxas does have a little bit better part support if your buying off of ebay but Losi parts arent that much harder to get. Losi is much higher quality than Traxxas IMO although I do love my Rusty. If you're racing especially Id say Losi over traxxas.

As for the slash and the stampede you can't really compare them against everything were talking about...the slash is a SC truck and the 'pede is a MT....everything else being discussed here are stadium trucks. kinda like comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Back