Shell durability issues, please help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machoog7

RCTalk Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I have the arrma granite 4x4 blx v3 and kn the first run bashed in the back and put a solid crack in the rear. I fixed that shell and got a new one to reinforce too. I did the drywall tape and adhesive tape, put thick double sided tape inside, and covered it all in gorilla tape. It still cracked after a bash. The whole rear corner cracked and the rear holes for the pins tore bigger. I don't know what to do. Do any of you guys have suggestions?

Best luck I've had with my Granite body is just gorilla tape or duck tape. I also put some thick foam by the body post holes for cushion and in the rear under the very back of the bed. Also my first body was the v2 and it's way more flexible and thicker than the newer body's. I'm trying the drywall tape and flex seal on my new body and then probably also add tape as it is a lot more brittle and thin.

Best luck I've had with my Granite body is just gorilla tape or duck tape. I also put some thick foam by the body post holes for cushion and in the rear under the very back of the bed. Also my first body was the v2 and it's way more flexible and thicker than the newer body's. I'm trying the drywall tape and flex seal on my new body and then probably also add tape as it is a lot more brittle and thin.
I tried adding foam before anything broke and I think the foam made it to tight around the holes. It cracked bad there.

Does anyone know if the stampede shells that fit the granite are any good. Are they thicker than the granite v3 shells?

If it's cold, it won't matter much what you do to it.

If you can live with ugly, get one of the unbreakable bodies from ebay/russia. Order now and you might get it by Spring.

I run a probodyrc body on 3 of my trucks. The longest lasting bodies I've ever had. Even after more than a year, the only holes in my outcast 6s body are from the shock tower pressing on it as it slid across concrete. Same with my stampede 4x4 body. I've added roof bumpers to all 3 of them to avoid more damage in the future. Otherwise, no cracks or tears in any of them... and I'm not easy on my trucks.

If it's cold, it won't matter much what you do to it.

If you can live with ugly, get one of the unbreakable bodies from ebay/russia. Order now and you might get it by Spring.

I run a probodyrc body on 3 of my trucks. The longest lasting bodies I've ever had. Even after more than a year, the only holes in my outcast 6s body are from the shock tower pressing on it as it slid across concrete. Same with my stampede 4x4 body. I've added roof bumpers to all 3 of them to avoid more damage in the future. Otherwise, no cracks or tears in any of them... and I'm not easy on my trucks.
Can you send me a link to the ugly russia body I'll see how it is

Change the language to English after opening, unless you know Russian:
http://probodyrc.ru/

Pretty sure I run this one on my stampede 4x4, but it was a tad long/wide for it in stock form, so would likely be too big for a granite:
http://probodyrc.ru/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=108

Maybe shoot them an email and ask what the measurements are for the 1:12 savage xs body:
http://probodyrc.ru/monster/savage-xs/

Or... read, like I didn't do, has the size of it on there:
  • Length: 12.04" (306 mm)
  • Width: 5.75" (146 mm)
  • Height: 3.7" (93 mm)

This was it with the stock stampede 4x4 chassis, just laid it over it to see how it would fit:
2019-0722-Stampede-ProbodyRC-uncutFront.jpg

2019-0722-Stampede-ProbodyRC-uncutSide.jpg

Then later I got a slash chassis, which was an 1.5" or so longer and it fit the size better, so I finally installed it:
2020-0512-Stampede-side.jpg

2020-0512-Stampede-front.jpg

And with 3.8" LP tires vs the 2.8's from above:
2020-1104-stampede-TraxxasHDColdWeatherOrangeFrontArms-front.jpg

2020-1222-stampede-side-body.jpg

e-revo body, only has a month on it as I stuck with my stock ERBEv1 bodies until they were destroyed:
http://probodyrc.ru/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=130
2020-0910-ERBEv2-HRWheelHubs-body-side.jpg

outcast 6S body, more than a year on this as pictured:
http://probodyrc.ru/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=89
2020-0710-Outcast-BackflipTires-wrapped-side-body.jpg

The main issues with these is waiting and lack of stickers. You can find sticker sets for some on ebay, then adjust them as best as you can to make them look like a "truck" of sorts again.

Oh, ok I thought the ugly russian thing and the probodyrc were 2 different things. I'll check it out. (I know russian to an extent)

Oh, ok I thought the ugly russian thing and the probodyrc were 2 different things. I'll check it out. (I know russian to an extent)
Yeah, I don't at all. I got 2 of them off their ebay listings and one of them off their site directly I believe.

There are other "Russian" bodies you can find on ebay that aren't probodyrc bodies. Or at least there used to be.

Yeah, I don't at all. I got 2 of them off their ebay listings and one of them off their site directly I believe.

There are other "Russian" bodies you can find on ebay that aren't probodyrc bodies. Or at least there used to be.
Ok, thank you. Has the probodyrc shell lasted for bashing?

Ok, thank you. Has the probodyrc shell lasted for bashing?
That is all I do. I jump a lot and crash pretty bad. Pretty rare that I come home with functional trucks... I do run on grass mostly though, a grass bmx track. The plastic is soft, so if you run on concrete, I suggest getting body wear bumpers. On grass it's fine, but concrete chews threw it like a belt sander on butter.

My last run with my outcast:

Quite a few crashes.

Since I have a granite I try to do more flips. I dont always land good.
My stampede seems to end up with more roof landings, but when it does land on the roof, it's not as much weight as the bigger trucks. It's a little twitchy when in flight. I lengthened it with a slash chassis which helped quite a bit... until I started running 4S, now it's a handful again. lol!

Right now I'm generating ideas. I think I'm going to get/custom make an exo frame to protect the shell. I'm also looking at custom making a 3d printed shell

dude if you find a body for the granite that can last you'll be a hero !

If I could find a exo roll cage for the granite I been so so so happy and for the MT410 too. I got a russian body for the mt410 certainly stronger but NOT indestructible by any means. as everyone that has a granite knows the rear body will crack when you land wrong. There's so much space between the shock tower and the body it just compresses it together and cracks. I reinforced the body with some foam and goo and all. Better but not good enough. Here's a pic of what I did. If you come up with an roll cage, dude pls let me know where you got it.

Attachments

• 20210123_122808.jpg
    20210123_122808.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 70
If I could find a exo roll cage for the granite I been so so so happy and for the MT410 too. I got a russian body for the mt410 certainly stronger but NOT indestructible by any means. as everyone that has a granite knows the rear body will crack when you land wrong. There's so much space between the shock tower and the body it just compresses it together and cracks. I reinforced the body with some foam and goo and all. Better but not good enough. Here's a pic of what I did. If you come up with an roll cage, dude pls let me know where you got it.
I have found sort of an exo cage but its 50 bucks and not too quality. I'm custom making mine with carbon fiber tubes and 3d printed carbon fiber pieces.

Am seeing your pic for the roll cage from tbone part number 10149. Went to tbone's web site and there's no 10149 part on their website nor is there any roll cage for the granite at all. So is this for another model modified? where you find this? Can you send me the URL? I'd like to look at it closer, but I think I pop 50 bucks for it if I don't have to get another granite body. The real answer is not to land on upside down and I've been working on that lol.

Just found it on e-bay am going to email them and find out what's what.

Back