She did it AGAIN!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I asked my wife to pick me up a bottle of CR and whataya know she picks me up two! The good old standard and this new one. Now my collection is complete :thumbup: muah ha ha ha haaaa...

20080506_0664.gif

Pretty black baggie... :thumbup::thumbup:

20080506_0665.gif

20080506_0666.gif

Damn Lessen..... That's a $100 bottle of Whiskey... I have come so close to buying one... just figured the wife would kill me! Congrats man. That is awesome!! You will have to let me know how it tastes.... I have heard it is smooth as silk.

Dang, not a bad collection there. I love my Don Julio Anejo tequila, but at $46/bottle I drink it like it's going out of style. The sad thing is, the owner of the Party Source here always shakes his head when I come in because he knows he's going to have to go knock the dust off another blue box in the stockroom for me.

750ml, $46 - Sometimes gone in the first day. Fortunately I don't drink it that often.

I also love my Jose Cuervo 1800 Reposado 1l bottle at $39 goes well, but tends to hang around a little longer because it's not as smooth as the anejo.

Oh, and I can't wait for the day I buy a 750ml bottle of Don Julio Tequila Real...$399

Last edited:
Um call me strange but I don't buy whiskey just to place it on top of a cabinet like some cute little trinket, when I buy whiskey I buy to drink... odd huh?! :D

Never had CR, more of a Makers type myself. Being that Makers is made just down the road from me I'm hope to go check out their distillery this summer - might even buy another bottle or two.

-Michael

Hahaha! Woodie I was just down the road from you the other day looking at some boats and stuff they had for auction at Frankfort. There are all kinds of those places down there.

Um call me strange but I don't buy whiskey just to place it on top of a cabinet like some cute little trinket, when I buy whiskey I buy to drink... odd huh?! :D

Ahhh... You should take a closer look at the picture my friend :)

Damn Lessen..... That's a $100 bottle of Whiskey... I have come so close to buying one... just figured the wife would kill me! Congrats man. That is awesome!! You will have to let me know how it tastes.... I have heard it is smooth as silk.

Yeah buddy. I'm sure it will be very very good. I've only opened the XR once. Last July :) The wife and I did some taste testing vs. standard CR and there is a pretty significant difference. XR is only to be opened on Xtremely special occasions. At $250 I don't intend on putting it away too quickly.

The Special Reserve (gold box) I'm a bit more liberal with. I've had it for a while but I had a stint there when I first got it where I was using it a lot. It's a very nice whiskey and not extremely pricey. Still expensive but not over the top like the Black and Red boxes.

Hahaha! Woodie I was just down the road from you the other day looking at some boats and stuff they had for auction at Frankfort. There are all kinds of those places down there.

I bet we passed each other on 75 as I was in Florence last Wednesday. :)

Ahhh... You should take a closer look at the picture my friend :)

Oh I'm sorry you place the bottles on a kitchen cabinet. ;)

Reminds me of my college days, after we drank the liquid out of whatever it was we was drinking we would place the bottles on top of the kitchen cabinets. Well by the time we moved out, had I recycled all of the bottles I probably could have been in retirement right now. :D

-Michael

I was just trying to point out the fact that the two bottles that are visible are very much empty. :)

Maybe someday when we move into a bigger house I can have a little bar downstairs. That would be nice.

I noticed the empty bottles. The least you can do is fill them with colored water to make them look good.
I saw a show on History channel on Kentucky vs. Tennessee. Bourbon vs. Whiskey. Same thing other than the type of wood used for aging. The Maker's Mark distillery is really quite an operation when it comes to how they give every barrel a chance to age in all the levels of the barn.
The waxed cap is still a hand dipped process.

Yuck and yuck.

CR is Canadian Whiskey. Just my personal preference. I don't like the other types. It actually goes back to my first relationship with Whiskey. Some Yukon Jack about 10 years ago or so. It was a New Years party at some run down motel but I got a hold of the bottle and was actually surprised by it. I remember it wasn't' nearly as disgusting as I was expecting (for bottom shelf). I got pretty messed up that night. It wasn't so bad that it was a bad experience and my affection with Canadian whiskey stuck. Very coincidental that my favorite Nascar driver ended up with it on his hood. I'm sure I wouldnt' drink it nearly as much as I do if that sponsorship didn't happen. But it did and now I have my drink. Crown and 7up. Ginger Ale is good to. I'm not a big shooter but the XR is the only way to go if I'm not already tipsy. Goooooood stuff right there buddy :thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
I was blessed with the Maker's Mark experience last weekend. My nephew stirred us up some nice Manhattans while we were grilling. Gotta agree it's one smooth Kentucky. I've always been a Gin guy, but Maker's is going to find a place on my bar soon.

I'm not big on Gin myself. I like it in certain cocktails but in very limited amounts. There seems to be a very very fine line for me when it comes to Gin. I either like what it does for a drink or I hate it. I think I like it as a supporting spirit but not as the headliner.. Does that make sense?

I'm a big fan of Rum though. doesn't have to be that fancy stuff but just some simple Barcardi Superior and Coke is right up my alley.

I'm a REALLY big fan of a GOOD Golden Margharita. Oh yeah, and white tequila... blah.

Funny, because my favorite spirit is Bombay Sapphire Gin. I usually keep it in the freezer and shoot it ice cold. Either that or in a traditional dry Dirty Martini with just a dash of dry Vermouth and a bit of olive juice. It's strong. It's smooth. And one gets me pretty lit.

My wife likes Gin. We keep a bottle Tanqerey (sp?) It's nice.. where it's useful (for my taste). She likes gin though.

I had Maker's Mark a few months ago. I liked it, but went back to Calvert.
Usually what I have.

Never was much on tequila. But the truck drivers where I work are Mexican. They were sending us some every so often. Damn, that was good. Wish I had some more.

Never was much on tequila. But the truck drivers where I work are Mexican. They were sending us some every so often. Damn, that was good. Wish I had some more.

Yeah, when you get that Mexican tequila that is sometimes in unmarked bottles you know it's the good stuff.

The reason a lot of people don't like tequila is because they haven't had tequila made from 100% blue agave. I equate the tequila I drink to a liquid tranquilizer, after 6-8 shots I'm able to think clearly, I know whats going on, but I don't really give a damn what's happening around me and moving around seems like wasted effort lol.

Actually now, I drink my tequila straight. I don't like to mix or chase it. I pour it into a cognac glass and drink.

Last edited:
I was blessed with the Maker's Mark experience last weekend. My nephew stirred us up some nice Manhattans while we were grilling. Gotta agree it's one smooth Kentucky. I've always been a Gin guy, but Maker's is going to find a place on my bar soon.

Of the whiskey/bourbon I've had Makers Mark is the smoothest I've had. Almost a sweet taste to it. Mix with coke and you can feel real quick quick w/o even knowing there is Makers in the drink ;)

I goto one of the local lakes here a lot during the summer and tequila is what we normally drink all day long and I don't find it to bad. However, if you've got the money to spend and want to taste some of the best tequila ever buy a bottle of Patron. I kid you not, this stuff is as smooth as glass and goes down like water.

-Michael

ah patron is the best.i love that stuff and it is smooth

Back