So I did a thing....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently installed a sound system on my PC that will blow your mind. Its incredible :)

300W Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier pushing two JBL 125W bookshelf speakers. The Pre-Out on the amp is running a separate 150W powered Klipsch Subwoofer. I have a Switch set up to turn the sub on and off so that I dont wake up my wife during the day with all the bass. (She works nights). The Fosi Audio amp has swapable op-amp chips for you audiophiles out there. Granted its not surround sound but if I'm playing a video game like resident evil its very effective at making me jump out of my chair. If I'm jamming out on music while drinking and playing one of my mobile app games it will Rock You Like A Hurricane! lol

20230603_195606.jpg
20230603_195614.jpg
20230603_195647.jpg
20230603_195656.png
20230603_201119.jpg

All of that kickass setup and my eye goes right to the lava lamp....I am such a nerd.
That lava lamp is cool. I had a cheap tornado lamp water thingy, the motor crapped out and I threw it away. Maybe I should of kept it. Moded it so i could of used a traxxas titan brushed motor. Then that would be a fast very fast water tornado! 🤔 🤪

I am looking at book shelf speakers for myself for my basement (running 5 channel stereo for home theater) or for my room. Looking for wired ones.
Been looking at vintage Bose 301s. My family had them in the living room years ago. They looked nice and sounded nice. Now they are trashed and in my uncles living room. :(

My eyes went to that corvette sign and the kitty.

I can get the bass going in my basement.
I got a pair of Acculab 440s. Very, very rare vintage speaker brand. Formally known as RTR.
Also, thats being powered by a Pioneer SX-750.
Everything is original. Nothing has been repaired or anything. Still looks fairly new and sounds very fresh and clean.
I got a Yamaha RXV385 for watching TV or movies. I switch the Acculabs to that Yamaha receiver. I just listen at low-mid or normal volumes. Can't really blast it as the speakers are a max of 50 watts and the Yamaha is 75 watts per channel so once you turn it up like really high (-20.0 db on the rx) it distorts really bad.
So back then, my grandpa got a good set up. The 440s (50 watts max) and the SX 750 (50 watts per channel) perfect pair up.
I did sound test them both. The Pioneer has way more clarity and bass than the newer Yamaha. But the Yamaha is more rated for home theater, TV, surround sound that kind of thing while the Pioneer is vintage home stereo.
Also, if I do have the 440s paired up with the Yamaha, I connect my sub which I cannot connect a sub to the pioneer since subs weren't really a thing back in the 70s. With the sub, once you turn it up, it gets the bass going. But not like the vintage pioneer.
The sub is more of a gig or party sub (my dad is a DJ so thats why). Its a Rockville 10" sub. Pre built in amp. Peak power is at 1200 watts.
PXL_20230516_221703155.jpg
PXL_20230417_200130370 (1).jpg

PXL_20230101_020320716.jpg

PXL_20230417_200059629 (1).jpg

And if your into it more like I am:
I got a little cheap ION turntable. Had LED lights on it. It was annoying so i took of the turntable part and cut the led wire so now its not LED anymore.
I also have a yamaha 5 disc CD changer.
Sadly, the yamaha 5 disc changer can't play my CDs I burnt my self because its a newer format so I have my DVD player as my new CD player.
I recorded a setup video and its on my channel. But really can't pick up the clarity and bass through the phone microphone.