Servo whining?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a Hitec HS 5945MG Digital servo that works fine, but when its sitting at dead center, it has a high pitched whine coming from it... I tested it out with my JR XR2 AM radio. Can it be used with AM. I'm not too familiar with the whole AM FM Digital radio thing...
Any help is greatly appreciated guys... This little guy is expensive...

Yeah it will work fine with an AM radio. Does it do it if you have the radio turned off also or just when the radio is on? X

I just checked... It's only when the radio is on. I dont have any linkage on it, just plugged into the receiver, so theres no strain on it. What is the problem?

A low whine or growling from the digital servo is normal. I run the same servo as my steering servo on my T-Maxx. While sitting still, any out of alignment condition (ie the wheels get knocked just a hair from straight), any trim input (no matter how small or large), and even just having the transmitter on is enough to cause the chip in the servo to anticipate motion. This causes the servo to growl or whine.

I have run two of them and both did that.

If the whine gets unusually loud, then there IS a problem.

I dont know, the whine is a bit high pitched & loud. Is it on its way out?

If the whine is high pitched and loud, it's probably my ex-wife....

Have you taken it apart? Could a gear be slipping? Did you get it wet recently? Just a few guesses...

LOL @ Candyman....
Truthfully, I got it in a trade, so I dont know if it ever got wet. It looks to be in like new condition. I haven't pulled it apart yet.....
Maybe I'll try giving Hitec a call & see what they might do for me...

Back